Hardest ride of the season.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Today I went out after a snow fall from the other day. It's been pretty easy riding on the ice for the last month, but cover it with snow and look out. All the ruts created from the snowmobiles, snowshoes, and hikers are now hidden under the snow. It's impossible to pick up the ruts and at times they can just throw the bike in a total different direction, or grab your wheel right out from under you. Thank goodness I have cat like reflexes (lol) because it threw me 6 times, but I landed on my feet each time. The hardest ride of the season, but I had so much fun can't wait for tomorrow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8WsrnT7gw

Slick

Guru
The video looks good even if it's not really my style of riding but glad you had fun. Where are you exactly and just how cold is it?

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
The video looks good even if it's not really my style of riding but glad you had fun. Where are you exactly and just how cold is it?

I'm on the other side of the pond in the US, Massachusetts in a little town called Winchendon. The temp was rather warm today at 24 degrees, but felt like 16 degrees with the wind.

Slick

Guru
I'm on the other side of the pond in the US, Massachusetts in a little town called Winchendon. The temp was rather warm today at 24 degrees, but felt like 16 degrees with the wind.
Last 2 morning commute rides here in sunny Scotland were around 16 degrees or minus 8 as we would call it. There is also a bit of snow but mostly in the hills and not as bad as you would get it. Ploughing through that rutted snow just looks like a bit more hard work than I'm used to but definitely looks like a blast. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Last 2 morning commute rides here in sunny Scotland were around 16 degrees or minus 8 as we would call it. There is also a bit of snow but mostly in the hills and not as bad as you would get it. Ploughing through that rutted snow just looks like a bit more hard work than I'm used to but definitely looks like a blast. :thumbsup:

We are having a light winter for snow, last year at this time we had already had over 4 feet of snow. It's been a very icy winter and it's made it a lot tougher, but has made for a great workout.

Top Bottom