Hardisty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Nice bike Mr B. and lm sure the previous owner would be happy to know it is in a safe pair of hands :smile:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
25 miles on the Hardisty this morning all good and love the gearing .

Very different to the Dawes I rode yesterday but equally as good .

IMG_20181125_071659320.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@firewall and this ?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This rather purple machine finally arrived after i agreed to buy it about 6 months ago , but for one reason or another it's only just arrived .

View attachment 436886

Full Reynolds 531 competition tubing a 3 x 7 gear set up that should get me up most climbs locally .

View attachment 436887

The gent i got the bike from had owned it for 10 years and told me this about the bike and the original owner . " One touching story. It comes with a small saddle bag. When I looked in I found the following: chain removing tool in tiny separate purse; inner tube and levers; small fine pliers; Allen keys banded together; tiny simple pen knife; old rag; twine and a segment of tyre (for blow outs!!) and, most engagingly, a tiny purse holding £2-37p, for the cup of tea at end of ride out! Jim, as he was called, was a proper thrifty Northern cyclist. I should add that the wheels are unmatched, presumable because he got a better deal on that than a matching one! Originally the were toe clips but these fell apart and I recycled the pedals." The original owner had to stop cycling due to a very serious illness in his 70's . PS the owner is (was?) a lovely Geordie. iHe was not a wealthy fellow and his good wife wanted to sell the bike. I gave what she asked as to quibble would have been heartless. The bike was meticulously maintained."

View attachment 436888

So far only had chance to do a 3 mile ride and it feels nice , hoping to get a few miles in on tomorrow am .^_^

@goldcoastjon only these at mo , will get some later

Top Bottom