Hardly Surprising Williams is For Sale

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

It was only a matter of time I've thought it for a while now, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52847040 although Claire comes over as a very competent woman she just doesn't seem to cement the team like her father did, such a big shame. I think there must be some internal family politics going on as well, on the documentary a while ago her brother said he'd been banished to the museum & it didn't sound like it was a decision he supported.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
THey hate each other (brother and sister), because she was chosen, not him. Trouble is she's a Marketeer, not a general manager. I think that he missed an opportunity to give (yes give) Adrian Newey a share and form Williams-Newey Racing because old-school, because proudly independent, because scale is everything, sadly :sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
And I do not believe that she has the grass routes technical understanding of either the cars themselves or driving them that Frank had. She's undoubtedly a very intelligent and well educated lady, but she simply lacks the fundamental knowledge required to discharge the entire role effectively. It is often said by HR and business types that you do not need to know how to do the job yourself to be able to supervise it - nevertheless, you still require and deep appreciation and understanding to be able to select the best advice and act upon it effectively. Compare that with Christian Horner, who as well as being a talented organiser and strategist is also an engineer and no mean drive himself - he has a deep and fundamental understanding of the minutiae of almost every facet of the operation.

I do wish Claire Williams well and hope it works out for her and the team, but I can't see it surviving with her at the helm.

Top Bottom