Hardtail budget £800 via Halfords CycletoWork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
By the same token I don't really understand how the Company can deduct it from the OPs wages before he purchased the bike - because they don't know the cost of the bike and hence amount to be repaid.

vickster

Legendary Member
By the same token I don't really understand how the Company can deduct it from the OPs wages before he purchased the bike - because they don't know the cost of the bike and hence amount to be repaid.
Indeed, that was my thinking, you just expressed it better!

Smudge

Veteran
Surprised they wouldn't discount for any damage....
My local Halfords did for me. Got £50 off because of a small chip in the paint..... and this was on a low priced Carrera, that was already discounted in the sale.

Levo-Lon

Guru

Lady at work just got a bike via C2W , they can have upto £500 with our employer's
She spent £498 with a lock and lights, invoice company from Halfords start paying.

OP
OP
Lee

Lee

They do sort off know because I was asked to what value I wanted the voucher up to £1000 max - I said £800 which was the cost of the bike I was going to get.

I should have waited to buy the other bike out right but Iit was too good a deal and would have been snapped up If I'd had waited till next week.

I just thought there wouldn't be a problem cancelling the bike 2 work seeing as I only got the LOC three days ago.

vickster

Legendary Member
They do sort off know because I was asked to what value I wanted the voucher up to £1000 max - I said £800 which was the cost of the bike I was going to get.

I should have waited to buy the other bike out right but Iit was too good a deal and would have been snapped up If I'd had waited till next week.

I just thought there wouldn't be a problem cancelling the bike 2 work seeing as I only got the LOC three days ago.
Just talk to HR

OP
OP
Lee

Lee

Just talk to HR

Quich update If any body is interested. spoke to HR and I can't cancel it as its outside the 14 day cooling off period which took effect from when I first applied NOT from the LOC arrival, pretty disappointed but there you go.

I will have to get another bike now!

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
That surprises me..... I just didn't think they would take anything out of your wages until you used your voucher :sad:
Very disappointing

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Oof!

lane

Veteran
That surprises me..... I just didn't think they would take anything out of your wages until you used your voucher :sad:
Very disappointing

Me to not like any scheme I know about. Clearly not everybody wants to spend the whole voucher every time so it makes no sense - you will be out of pocket if you don't. I would go back and ask what happens if you spend less than the value of the voucher on a bike.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Your repayments are against the voucher amount not the bike cost.......

1st you look for bike and accessories
2nd apply for voucher
3rd voucher and payments set-up for amount requested
4th you go buy bike and accessories with voucher
5th if you spend less, tough thats your fault for over applying
6th money gets taken pre-tax on voucher amount
7th you get a 14 day cooling off period

Aftef that its down to you........

Note to yourself - read fine print and rules before applying

OP
OP
Lee

Lee

Your repayments are against the voucher amount not the bike cost.......

1st you look for bike and accessories
2nd apply for voucher
3rd voucher and payments set-up for amount requested
4th you go buy bike and accessories with voucher
5th if you spend less, tough thats your fault for over applying
6th money gets taken pre-tax on voucher amount
7th you get a 14 day cooling off period

Aftef that its down to you........

Note to yourself - read fine print and rules before applying

The way you put it is the way I'd expect it to work ie 7th you get a 14 day cooling off period after receiving voucher HOWEVER it doesnt which has shocked me.

No where could I find this in the small print.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The way you put it is the way I'd expect it to work ie 7th you get a 14 day cooling off period after receiving voucher HOWEVER it doesnt which has shocked me.

No where could I find this in the small print.
Nope.....14 days as soon as you sign the paperwork

OP
OP
Lee

Lee

Nope.....14 days as soon as you sign the paperwork

Tick a box online!!

Yeah I know that now! but no where did it make this clear, it should be from when you get the LOC and everyone I spoke to agrees, seems a daft way to do things never mind you live 'n learn!

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
You do indeed Lee . :sad:
A bit of empathy for your situation probably wouldn't have gone a miss rather than a "note to yourself" reminder though :laugh: .
Anyway mate , like you say go buy another and treat yourself :okay:
All the best

Top Bottom