Harry Quinn Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, need some help with info on Harry Quinn bikes. This bike just popped up on the local craiglist for less than £100 and I don't know if that's good value or not. Frame is rusty with a mix-mash of parts.

00n0n_hz6cz4HhbNJ_600x450.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi, need some help with info on Harry Quinn bikes. This bike just popped up on the local craiglist for less than £100 and I don't know if that's good value or not. Frame is rusty with a mix-mash of parts.

00n0n_hz6cz4HhbNJ_600x450.jpg

it looks big size , ask ffor the frame number and hopefully it starts with a q if so go and get it qcik

it looks great

this might help http://www.classicrendezvous.com/British_isles/Harry_Quinn/HQuinn_registry.htm

midlife

Guru
Looks like a bone fide 70's machine with the long point lugs and lack of braze ons. Stronglight chainset plus a smattering of more modern kit. Frame number should start with a Q made of a letter O and l. If it was near me if buy it cos I would like a 70's Quinn but not to everybody's taste if it needs refinishing.

Is it your size?

Shaun

OP
OP
marzjennings
Looks like a bone fide 70's machine with the long point lugs and lack of braze ons. Stronglight chainset plus a smattering of more modern kit. Frame number should start with a Q made of a letter O and l. If it was near me if buy it cos I would like a 70's Quinn but not to everybody's taste if it needs refinishing.

Is it your size?

Shaun
I think so, I'm 6' 5" and it should be about right. I'm going to call the seller and see if I can take a look at the bike. I don't mind the rust, I just want to make sure the frame is still straight.

Link to sales page with more pictures...http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/5727853221.html

midlife

Guru
It looks to have fastback seat stays and a first generation Dura Ace head set...... buy it :smile:

Shaun

Edited to suggest you check that the seat post and handlebar stem move :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
marzjennings
Thanks for all the info, I've emailed the seller and hopefully will take a look at the bike this evening.

I don't see any stickers indicating frame material, any tips on how to discern whether the frame may be 531 or 631?

Hi
531 seat tube will be 27.2 inches

OP
OP
marzjennings
It's mine now...

13743410_282568638765054_2094459888_n.jpg

Frame looks ok, couple of rust spots, one minor ding on the down tube and I'll start the full strip down this week. I think the seatpost is original, Campag, and it came out with too much struggle, 27.2 as suggested.

Sticker on the frame from Bilton's Bicycle Service in Gloucester gives some indication of this bikes past, strangely about 6 miles from where I grew up.

Also another sticker for from the Flora Bikeride, number 24458.

Campag shifters and front mech which are still working. I need a rear mech to complete the set. Wheels/tyres dead and will need to be replaced. Bars, seat need replacing too. I may keep the Galli brakes.

This will be my first vintage build and I'm wondering if others who restore/build vintage bikes experience a brief Dr. Frankenstein moment. Will this old corpse of a bike see life again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom