Harry Quinn Road Bike with modernish running gear SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Its time for me to sell my Harry Quinn road bike

It was made in 1968 at Walton Road and carries the frame number Q2297 and also still has the matching fork . Its a 22 1/4" or 56 cm measured from centre of crank to centre of seat pinch bolt and aprox 22 3/4" or 57.5 cm along the top tube centre to centre and has a stand over height of 32" or 81 cm .

From what i can make out this frame was re powder coated about 4 or 5 years ago in a bright white , thus has stood the test of time well but in places its not perfect but it is very presentable .And also at some point the rear dropouts have been cold set to allow for more modern running gear to be fitted as both brake mounts have been machined or drilled to accept the later allen key type calipers . As many of you may know i had a cut and shut repair done on the bottom bracket for a couple of reason ie somebody had epoxy resined some campag external bottom bracket cups in as the bottom bracket threads were a bit weak , this was all done professionally by Lee Cooper Cycles of Coventry .

I then had it built up using the following parts ,Shimano ' yellow ' 105 2 x 9 sti units operating a matching rear mechanism and an elderly campagnola front mechanism along with a Shimano rx100 crankset with 53 and 39 toothed rings . Rigida Nova rims laced on to ' yellow' shimano 105 hubs and quick release's and Vittoria Rubino tyres ..

Brakes are NOS dia compe brs 202 units , long 130mm Cinelli quill type stem with matching cinelli bars and new black bar tape , Miche 27.2mm aero seat post .

The rebuild was done aprox 150 miles ago but the bike has stood still for the last couple of months .

Great to ride and a true Harry Quinn offered at £275 collected from Nn8 postcode as would prefer buyer to try before buying .

loads more pictures just ask

100_5936.jpg 100_5938.jpg quinn10.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
still available

Interested will PM you.

Picked this up yesterday well pleased with it would throughly recommend @biggs682 excellent seller and well knowledgable....see from the History of this bike one of it's owners was from Essex so nice to know it has returned to an area it is familiar with.
Now to Fettle and rack up the miles.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked this up yesterday well pleased with it would throughly recommend @biggs682 excellent seller and well knowledgable....see from the History of this bike one of it's owners was from Essex so nice to know it has returned to an area it is familiar with.
Now to Fettle and rack up the miles.

@Nigel182 always a pleasure to sell a bike t a fellow cc'er , enjoy it

Top Bottom