Harsh confrontation in TdF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wife, dog and grandchild seems closer to the true picture, although one doesn't like to appear to be making assumptions.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
no no, I totally agree the dog shouldnt have been there! and I'd have been furious too but I wouldn't have confronted the guy infront of his wife and child that's all

my bad.....thats just how I was brought up I suppose

When would you have confronted the guy? - I doubt he would have given you his address.
I think such callous actions warrented him being beaten to a pulp in front of his family, I think he should have been put in hospital as he could have done the same for numerous riders, his stupidity had the potential to injure sufficiantly enough to ruin seasons and end carrears.

every action has a consequence...... thats how I was brought up

Willo

Looking at that picture - you gotta feel sorry for the kid. None of its her fault.

Agree, unfortunate for the child.

However, also can't blame the rider who immediately after getting shaken by an incident like that won't think too rationally.

Philipe Gilbert tweeted that the dog was heavier than Scarponi.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The humiliation of being seen on TV to be the day's number one muppet in France will be enough, it will stay with the man for the rest of his life.

Yes, but how is the dog? Something like that is bound to hurt like heck, and possibly even injure the poor beast!

gilbert-dog-problem1.jpg

Is that kid from The Omen or whatever that film was called? Her head appears to be swivelling round at an unnatural angle!

Keith Oates

Janner
I know that mishaps do happen, but to take dog to a bike race and not have it on a lead is irresponsible, to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I think I would rather live in a country where things like that can happen during a major sporting event, by accident, rather than the place I do now, where kids get hurled to the ground for invading the "Security Bubble" bollocks of the Olympic flame.

Vive La France!

And where Policemen can be Policemen and get hit by an oncoming peloton trying to reach the line at speed!

Top Bottom