Has anyone bought from China?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gamble1983

Regular
So been looking around for some bargains as little strapped for cash atm and found on ebay lots of Cycling jersey sets for sale at really low prices.

They come with Top and shorts (shorts Have Gel in ofc) and are much much cheaper than anywhere else and are also free delivery. Have some pretty nice designs aswell, some you dont tend to see in shops.

Has anyone ever bought them off ebay and if so how have they been?

Tempted to pick up some now as by time they arrive it should (hopefully) have started warming up a bit but bit weary as to if they just fall apart or if there colours fade dramatically.

They say in a lot of the ads that the colours dont fade and that the absorb and dry sweat very well.

Thoughts?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Is this the fake Castelli and other brands stuff? If so, then I have had a couple of jerseys, they have weird dimensions, but the quality seems just as good / bad as the likes of Aldi and Lidl for pretty much the same money. I would not buy bibs or shorts as I value my undercarriage too much, but to me a jersey is a jersey.

I ordered one cycling top to see what it was like. It was very nice and perfetly well made. Unfortunately it would have fitted a small child, not an adult!

Edit// I bought the largest size they did.

Last edited:

RickB

professional procrastinator
Sizing is the big issue - go at least one size bigger! That said I got 2 tops and despite the size issues they are good enough for regular use - great for the money! Bought from Aliexpress.

OP
OP
Gamble1983

Gamble1983

Regular
Thanks folks,

Will have a look when i get back from work tonight, i figured they may be a little smaller than UK sizes so was planning on going 1 size up anyway.

Dont particularly fancy spending £40-£50 on something i can try for £15

postieparr

Got to agree with the other guys. For £15 or so you can't go wrong and the quality of the shirts is fine. I got a few last summer for the price of just one of the so called named brands.
Sizing is definitely on the small side but if you have a good look at the dimensions rather than by S, M, L etc you should be ok.
Again don't think I'd risk the cheap bib shorts but I have heard several reports that they can be ok.
I think when it comes to cycling clothing a lot comes down to personal preference and what works for one person doesn't for another. At least this way if you don't like them you won't be left too much out of pocket.

Kajjal

Guru
There is also second hand from quality brands on ebay. Some is in as new condition. This is what i buy for jerseys and my top half but never bib shorts etc.

woodster0273

I've bought several jerseys from Aliexpress and they've been bang on. Sizing can be an initial problem eg. I'm a L or XL and need to get XXL or XXXL. Make sure you check out the individuals sizing guide in their description and you'll not go far wrong.
Delivery is slow as expected and can take upwards of 3/4 weeks, but as long as you expect this then why not.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I bought a jersey from china via ebay. Cheap tat but a fun design. I got the biggest the did and it was still too small. Hey ho, it was cheap and I was pleased that it even turned up.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Iv purchased a few items from China via ebay. In terms of cycling clothing, the last thing I bought was a Giant Alpecin replica kit. Quality seems pretty good but definitely not enough padding so I got the wife to stitch some padding from an old pair of shorts onto those and they're fine now.
Iv also bought some replica Oakley Jawbreakers from Ali Express and can't rate them highly enough.
I would just take a punt on whatever it is you're after as it won't break the bank and for the most part you should be pleased with what you order

Glass Kites

When I first started getting into cycling I bought a few jerseys and bib shorts from there. The jerseys aren't exactly well fitting, they're too wide in the chest, but too short in the sleeve length. The bib shorts however I've found to be pretty good. Perfect fitting and good padding.

I stopped buying the Chinese jerseys when I got treated to a few DhB Blok jerseys at xmas and the difference is massive (i.e. fitting properly and well made).

Top Bottom