Has anyone considered converting their Brompton electric?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swytchbike

Hi all!

I'm from the UK, I've developed a ebike conversion system that's compatible with brompton. I wonder what people think about the idea of converting v.s. buying a brand new brompton ebike

bqzvjokksvl8ctodmj1o.jpg

As you can see there is a small hand held power pack that can go on the handlebars or the luggage block

We are doing a Kickstarter for the product later this month, but really want to get feedback from what Brompton users think. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kell

Veteran
Mostly it depends on the conversion and how it differs from the Brompton official version. Price, ease of use, ease of charge etc...

I had a very brief chat with a guy at a set of lights yesterday about his conversion (think it was Arc) and he said it was better than the Brompton one. But then the lights changed and I didn't get to find out how...

icowden

Veteran
I think the price point is the key. An entry level Brompton is £800, an entry level electric Brompton is £2800. So if your kit is good and costs a good deal less than £2000 i suspect you will have some interest!!

Crankarm

Guru
Hi all!

I'm from the UK, I've developed a ebike conversion system that's compatible with brompton. I wonder what people think about the idea of converting v.s. buying a brand new brompton ebike

View attachment 483925
As you can see there is a small hand held power pack that can go on the handlebars or the luggage block

We are doing a Kickstarter for the product later this month, but really want to get feedback from what Brompton users think. Thanks in advance!

No. I'm not lazy. You are clearly using this thread to push your new electric motor for the Brompton. Sticking a dirty great motor and battery on the Brompton would make it very heavy. It's relative lightness is one of it's great strengths.

Top Bottom