has anyone else ever smashed into a hairdressers sandwich board?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwards80

Über Member
Testing the wife's commute out I was following her wheel closely and didn't see a discarded . . . . teapot.

Hit the thing fully but managed to stay upright :smile: It was partly broken already though and it took a bite out the sidewall of my 200 mile old tyre :sad:

sabian92

Über Member
I got hit in the face with a bee last year. Doesn't sound like it's that bad but it got stuck in the straps of my helmet and started to panic and tried to sting me. Squashed the little sod and he fell out - don't know if i killed it or not but I don't want to be stung!

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I ran over a cat on my Brompton once. Came out from between a couple of parked cars and tried to go between the front wheel and the pedals. Didn't end well for the cat but I managed to stay upright.

Bengarbage

Hit someones dog on the way home from work,as above ran out between two parked cars. Dog seemed ok, bike had scratches but my knee was sore and stiff for a week!

Chris-H

Über Member
15 years old on our BMX's myself and my stepbrother riding over a footbridge above the M20,coming down the other side rather quickly my stepbrother shouted something or the other,i turned round to see what was up and promptly rode into the "cyclists dismount" sign,bike fine,me a tad winded and embarrased as hell as my s/b fell about laughing.Thank god those were the days before Facebook and camera phones.

nick.b

after a shift in the bar i was working at i had a lockin until 6:30 am, figured i was fine to ride home as it was a sunday,

so while merrily riding on a straight rode, i somehow took a hard right,. up a kerb and broke my nose on someones fence.

ian emmerson

Cycling along a dual cyclepath in the dark last year i noticed a gentleman walking along, but had plenty of room so no problem i thought !! . That was only i rode past him only to find his dog was on one of those extendable leads and in the grass at the other side of the path.

Knew nothing else until his lead was tangling around my front disc and his little dog was pinned up against my wheel

wisdom

Guru
I had just completed a charity cycle ride and having brought the bike to work in the car(work was close to the start)Cycled through an open door at work to put my bike in the stores whilst i went for a brew turned in just behind the door and the front brake lever caught a brush handle that was leaning behind the door.
This effectively put the front brake full on tipped me into a section of dexion shelving where some of the contents cascaded down onto me.
Result was a buckled rear wheel somehow.

jackhandy

In 1963, aged 14, riding a fixie - came hurtling round a BLIND 60 degree T junction, PEDALLING LIKE STINK, straight into thr front bumper of an Austin A40 : Would have bounced off and been ok, probably, but it had overriders (remember them?) and the front wheel stuck into that and catapulted me into a wall. Bent the front forks 60 degrees....

WHY WWAS I HURTLING ROUND A BLIND JUNCTION? I HEAR YOU ASK..... WELL, THERE WERE 2 FIELD GATEWAYS, 15 & 25 YARDS FROM THE JUNCTION, IN THE 6FT HIGH HEDGE, THROUGH WHICH YOU COULD GLIMPSE WHETHER ANY CARS WERE COMING - BOTH WERE CLEAR, BUT THERE WAS A LEARNER FAFFING ABOUT BETWEEN THE 2 GATEWAYS, ALMOST STATIONARY..........

APOLOGIES FOR SHOUTING - THIS DAMN ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD KEEPS STICKING IN CAPS MODE.

Top Bottom