Has anyone else noticed...

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

More and more people driving with illegal lights?

I've seen a whole bunch of people with the HID lights, if that's what they're called, which look more blue than they do white. I even saw a guy yesterday with orange headlamps, they were just as bright as normal lights except they didn't light anything up.

And what's the deal with fog lamps? Or driving with no lights at all? How can you not notice that your lights aren't on! :wacko:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm more worried about whether they're watching what they're doing, to be honest. Or if they know what they're doing. So, when I see a car driving with no lights (or blue lights or green lights or whatever) I wonder whether they still care about anyone else.

TVC

Worst 'feature' in modern cars: The slider that adjusts the height of the headlights to compensate for the number of people on board. Just turn it up to max to dazzle on coming traffic, or on a motorway, to glare out the rear view mirror from half a mile behind.

Crankarm

Guru
It's not the colour of lights but whether they are working round here. I reckon 50% of the cars I see at night only have 1 headlight working ........... winkers.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's because there are almost no Police on patrol on the roads now. The Police have realised that British drivers are pretty law-abiding on the whole and can be left to get on with it while the Police themselves cruise around using ANPR to pick up any driver with dodgy insurance or who is wanted for questioning. At the Tickled Trout exit off the M6 (Preston) there is a motorway Police station with a compound full of patrol cars, which I pass fairly often and I'll swear that the car park is almost full every time I drive past. There may be ten cars but only one or two gaps in the line.

The same as with dodgy lights, there's never been a better time to drive while drunk; you will certainly get away with it until you have an accident.

Reactions: GBC

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Last night i seen 10 people with only the right headlight on. now is this right or does the left one not work?

Hotblack Desiato

Last night i seen 10 people with only the right headlight on. now is this right or does the left one not work?

The left one does not work.

Peteaud

Veteran
I've seen a whole spate of people driving through town with only side lights on recently. It seems to be an epidemic. All cars should have auto-on lights IMO.

Alot of new ones are. VW cars have day lights although having driven one a fair few miles i did get annoyed at other drivers flashing me!

Birchy

Regular
Alot of new ones are. VW cars have day lights although having driven one a fair few miles i did get annoyed at other drivers flashing me!

The Mrs' Scirocco does this. It's wierd because the switch says auto but they are perma on. Nice feature, I like using lights during the day. Maybe that due to being a motorcyclist too

Maz

Guru
My BIL was warned by a police officer for not having a light fitted to his bicycle whilst riding in broad daylight. Bent copper.

Top Bottom