Has anyone else noticed...

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Birchy

Regular

Some of those are brighter than headlights too!

Birchy

Regular
FYI, motorcyclists are one of the reasons for the legislation for DRL's, and they're also one of the main reasons all new cars now have their side repeaters mounted on the door mirrors.

And I think it's a good idea. I, all to often see drivers in poor light driving around with no lights at all. Most drivers don't seem aware that their dark coloured car is hard to see in poor light. Take the ability away from the driver and let the car have them on and leave them on.

Some of the led DRLs are a bit excessive though. Far too bright and cause too much glare.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
VWs make you very lazy though.
Automatic lights, auto windscreen wipers, switches the engine off when you stop and restarts itself to set off again, and auto-hold handbrake when you stop.... and cruise control.

You still have to look where you're going and steer and push the brake to stop mind.

One rant [indulge me for a moment]....AND INDICATE, unlike the morons who expect you to divine that they are turning left or right at roundabouts or at junctions! [feel better now]

Birchy

Regular
I've always liked the story of the US driver who sued Winnebago following a crash involving their RV.

After putting the vehicle on cruise control the driver then went into the back to make a brew :wacko:

Shame it's a myth, (apparently), but it wouldn't surprise me, sorry to all US CC'ers, but it wouldn't ;)

Did you know that the new 2013 Merc S Class is more than capable of fully driving itself with all the tech it has? But current laws means it still has to have a driver. Not sure if that's good or bad?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Volkswagen daylight running lights can be switched off through the wotsit menu. I have mine off because I don't want to be mistaken for a muppet with fog lights switched on.

oliglynn

Über Member
The left one does not work.
I see loads of cars with only one headlamp working - it's an epidemic. Although if you ever tried to change one you'd know why this was happening. I was unable to change a side light bulb on my mk4 golf to get it through its MOT - I figured you'd need surgical equipment or to take the whole front bumper off to get at it. IMO car manufacturers should be obliged to make changing a lightbulb a simple task which can be carried out on the side of the road by someone with no tools.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I see cars with headlights, DRLs, and LEDs. They look like Christmas trees, I really can't understand what the owners think they look like.

Top Bottom