Has anyone got a Cateye Adventurer cycle computer and is it any good?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by psmiffy, 12 Apr 2010.

1. psmiffy

psmiffy -

I have always liked to be able to see my m ascended when I am touring – many years ago the computer I was using got washed out in a big thunderstorm and I popped into a bike shop in Albertville and came away with a Cateye ATC100 bike altimeter just in time for my first ever big col.

The cateye lasted for years and it realistically counted up the m I climbed – if on the map it said I had climbed a 1000m then the computer registered at least a 1000m – it eventually fell apart after being dropped n+1 times – it was replaced with a wireless VDO bike altimeter which apart from not counting the m very well had a habit of losing the wireless connection and turning itself off – fell out of favour and I have gone over to cheap wired non altimeter models – however I saw an advert for the Cateye Adventurer and wonder if is as good as my old ATC100 – I have the yen for one but an acute fear of being disappointed.

2. New Horizon

New Horizon Über Member

Fancy one myself - don't know of any shops that have them in yet - only one would commit to an in-stock date - yesterday. I've downloaded the manual from Cateye - it looks as baffling as the current wireless Strada I have. I have gps on my phone but much prefer a glance at the bars to see how high I am ...

3. OP
    OP
    psmiffy

psmiffy -

Merci Beucoup - I will have to download the manual myself - give me at least some sort of clues about it - The ATC100 manual I seem to remember explained things like how it calculated m ascended

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice