Has anyone got this saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
I've got a Prime (it's standard on most Genesis road bikes, I think).

Obviously everyone's backside is different but I'm looking to replace mine - I think it's a little narrow to me, and the seam isn't in a well-suited place.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Looks very similar to the Charge Spoon.
I have the Charge version on all my bikes,

This however means only that they work for me; all saddle fits are personal.

No doubt some sado-masochists will be along in a moment to recommend some form of Brooks based torture device....... ;)

Windassisted

No doubt some sado-masochists will be along in a moment to recommend some form of Brooks based torture device....... ;)

Trouble is as you get older you find the giblets tend to get sat on.

Globalti

Legendary Member

Funny you should mention that; I happen to believe that Brooks saddles are beaten together in the same Birmingham factory that makes reproduction medieval chastity belts out of cow hide and wrought iron.

That's just down the road from the old Land Rover factory, which uses technology only a little more recent than medieval - I've been around the Defender production line.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

I've got a Prime (it's standard on most Genesis road bikes, I think).

Obviously everyone's backside is different but I'm looking to replace mine - I think it's a little narrow to me, and the seam isn't in a well-suited place.
Do you get any noise from it at all, and does it flex much as its not got a full solid base on it, that was the problem with my original saddle there was a bit missing and that was the weak point, every time i went over the slightest bump it would squeak.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.

Only true cyclists undertstand the arm chair like comfort that a Brooks saddle offers once your bottom has been broken in to the shape of the saddle. I would never ride using any saddle other than a Brooks Standard B17 Professional......if I still rode an upwrong. Nowadays I have the pleasure of a full FRP moulded seat on my recumbent trike, that spreads my not unsubstantial weight over the length of my buttocks and back.

Dibdib