Has anyone noticed yet, the increase in their weekly shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The price of a pint in London has gone up.
I can’t see how the under 30s can afford £6+ for a pint. And they are the target market for most west end and city pubs.

vickster

Legendary Member
I can’t see how the under 30s can afford £6+ for a pint. And they are the target market for most west end and city pubs.
Cos they don’t smoke like we used to alongside cheaper booze :laugh:

And many aren’t paying to commute every day so saving money for the days they do :okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Don't Wetherspoons have any West End city pubs? a couple of weeks ago, we were paying the princely sum of 99pence per pint in a local Wetherspoons (not London).

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
99pence ??
It was over that in the 80s. What kind of time travelling pub have you found ?

That was Wetherspoons, South Shields, Tyne Wear.

I am not a regular (honest).........

Svendo

Guru
Definitely noticed prices rising across the shop. I’m switching back down the ‘quality’ ladder, so cooking cheese is now savers mature cheddar etc. (FYI cheese board cheese comes from proper cheese mongers, there’s 2?in Tod). Bread is most noticeable, seeded loaves all gone from £1 to £1.35 except the soya and linseed one at £1.10 in Morrisons. I’m increasingly buying to a menu rather than restocking an inventory to compensate.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Will we return to these days I wonder? 🤔

1638229304421.png

Top Bottom