Has anyone repaired a Fitbit Blaze?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi folks as the title says i'm looking for advice on repairing this particular model. My daughter has had this a few years but it's in need of a new battery. I've followed the youtube tutorial so i have it apart but the problem i have is sourcing the correct battery.An internet search brings up uk sellers but with a lowered powered 120 mAh whereas the original is 167mAh.i don't know how much difference this would make. Any advice gratefully received . Thanks

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
In theory just a 25% reduction in runtime between charges, but that is not the full story!
The old battery will have been degrading over time, so the battery life was probably only comparable to what the lower rated new battery will give (at least initially anyway).
Then you have to factor in the unknown quality of the aftermarket (non-genuine?) battery. Presumably the original Fitbit spec'd battery was a reasonable quality to give an acceptable service life while minimising any risk of excessive warranty claims or damaging the brand image. Cheap, unknown origin batteries don't have to worry about such things so as long as it works at point of sale they can effectively ignore the niceties such as rate of degradation in charge capacity and short service life. You might fit the new battery but find yourself back at square one in just a few months time.
You've done the hard work already so if the new battery is cheap then it is probably worth giving it a go.

Top Bottom