Has anyone skied Courchevel 1850 in the last week or so?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The reports look good and I'm going there next week. Has anyone been out recently? Any sign of the restaurants being a bit more reasonable now that the pound is stronger against the Euro. I remember gasping at wine at 5,000 euros a bottle in the Cap Horn restaurant just above the Altiport.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I thinking about Butlins in Skegness. What's the Double Diamond like there, these days?
Didn't you ski Courchevel in 1850, Rocky?
I'm sure I remember buying you a pint, although it was French Francs then IIRC

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The reports look good and I'm going there next week. Has anyone been out recently? Any sign of the restaurants being a bit more reasonable now that the pound is stronger against the Euro. I remember gasping at wine at 5,000 euros a bottle in the Cap Horn restaurant just above the Altiport.
As long as the Russians keep going there, it's going to stay eye-wateringly expensive.

Yeah, but they open their bulging Bulgari wallets and hose the place down with cash.
FTFY.

Have a lovely time, Patrick. Offer cookery leçons - if you want to save a few bob.(And clear yourself some space). Rich got it patently wrong when he was reminiscing about buying Rochemontagne a ginger beer. 'Livres tournois' were all the rage back then. Vernon is thumbing through his Bradshaw's, looking to meet up for a cookery extravaganza as I write. "Slippery slopes here I come..."

PK99

Legendary Member

it not so much the £vs Euro, but the lack of russians that is keeping prices low(er)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
it not so much the £vs Euro, but the lack of russians that is keeping prices low(er)
The prices were pretty silly two years ago when the gangsters had the run of the place.....drivers dressed up like Cossacks in boots and fur hats, security men in blacked out Hummers with curly-whirlies in their ears....and the locals with their tongues where the sun don't shine. Four half litres of beer and a couple of Cokes sitting outside a run-of-the-mill mountain bar......45 Euros. Nuke the place from Outer Space.:okay:

Top Bottom