Has anyone tried the alternative London to Brighton bike ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Hay

Regular
Hi everyone, I have just signed up for the alternative to the BHF London to Brighton Bike Ride. This one takes place in September and is limited to 5,000 cyclists. It's for new cycling charity Bike4Cancer - more info here http://www.bike4cancer.org/london-to-brighton-bike-ride

My question is, has anyone done this September ride before? Do you think it is safe to ride this event clipped in given the rider limit of 5000? I rode the British Heart Foundation ride about three years ago but didn't really enjoy it - there were just too many cyclists. I think the main problem was that most of the riders didn't do much cycling... people would slam on the brakes and stop in the middle of the road without thinking if there was someone riding on their wheel. Thankfully I wasn't clipped in,

The other question I have is about transport back to London after the ride. It seems the train companies only allow about 5 bikes on every train now which I think is crazy!

Any views/advice greatly appreciated!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Some of us ride an alternative London to Brighton ride on a regular basis. See FNRttC.

For me rides of over 500 folk just ain't no fun.

You may find the railways impose a bike ban back to the smoke as they do for the BHF ride, so why not turn around and ride home?

OP
OP
Andy Hay

Andy Hay

Regular
Good point Greg! I've done L2B and back in a day before. My problem is that I have just had major surgery - 56 miles is going to be a challenge let alone 112! Thanks for your advice though mate.

Top Bottom