Has anyone used Alpecin products?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I've heard of Alpecin almost exclusively because of their sponsorship of cycling teams over the years, but I noticed their shampoo in Boots the other day.

It struck me as one of those 'we're going to try and make you think we're saying your hair will grow back even though we're not' products, but as someone who is very much their target market, who needed shampoo anyway, I bought a bottle. In fact I also bought the non-shampoo one that you just kind of pour on your scalp. In for a penny, in for a pound - with no regard for the seemingly inevitable extra barbering costs I'm going to land myself with when I begin to resemble they yeti.

So far it seems to have made my remaining hair go darker - it's got caffeine in it so maybe it's coffee stained. Mrs Knees thinks it looks thicker as a result.

I was just wondering if any one else has tried it, with a healthy dose of cynicism or otherwise, and how your experiences have been. The suggestion seems to be that you need to use it for months before there are results, which the cynic in me reads as 'buy at least a few bottles' - but maybe I'm wrong ...

Last edited:

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Good shampoo at a slightly inflated price.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I've heard of Alpecin almost exclusively because of their sponsorship of cycling teams over the years, but I noticed their shampoo in Boots the other day.

It struck me as one of those 'we're going to try and make you think we're saying your hair will grow back even though we're not' products, but as someone who is very much their target market, who needed shampoo anyway, I bought a bottle. In fact I also bought the non-shampoo one that you just kind of pour on your scalp. In for a penny, in for a pound - with no regard for the seemingly inevitable extra barbering costs I'm going to land myself with when I begin to resemble they yeti.

So far it seems to have made my remaining hair go darker - it's got caffeine in it so maybe it's coffee stained. Mrs Knees thinks it looks thicker as a result.

I was just wondering if any one else has tried it, with a healthy dose of cynicism or otherwise, and how your experiences have been. The suggestion seems to be that you need to use it for months before there are results, which the cynic in me reads as 'buy at least a few bottles' - but maybe I'm wrong ...

I'm bald as a coot, but I'm prepared to appear in one of their adverts saying "I never used Alpecin" .... for a fee. Never noticed it in the shops.

Mrs M

Guru
L'Oreal here, because I'm worth it....

Asda Smart Price because I’m wortless. 😬

iandg

Legendary Member
I used to use Alpecin :laugh:

342416208_119243874456962_7059522006004321931_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom