Has Britain become a third world country?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Where do our taxes go?"
This shows it pretty well
Notice how small international aid is.
About charities - I work for a charity and there is a general rule of thumb that you have to spend £1 to get £4, be it on fundraisers' salaries, TV ads or marathon places. Once a charity gets to a certain size it has to employ staff and salaries, even small ones, end up being a very significant part of the budget. Oh, and Britain is not a third world country - most people in third world countries would die to come here and alot of them do (die trying that is).

postman

Legendary Member
We may or we may not think we are a third world country.But last night on the news i saw people at foodbanks.Waiting for handouts,what has gone wrong.
One was a single mum of four children.I would have though the system would have supplied her needs.

Drago

Legendary Member
Stop giving aid to countries that can afford space programmes and nuclear weapons, but can't afford to feed their own people, and spend it on something worthwhile at home.

Stop all new development until the drainage infrastructure has been upgraded to cope with the surface water run off it creates.

And stop wasting money on benefits, cars and houses for foreign hate preachers who come to live here and spout their vitriol.

Drago for PM!

defy-one

Silly thread!!!

Unless you have been to a real 3rd world country, you cannot imagine the poverty that exists in this world. I have seen it up close in India, and can't imagine what some parts of Africa must be like.
England is rich, we may not feel like that, due to taxes and the high cost of living ..... But lets NOT compare blighty to a 3rd world country!!!

Top Bottom