Has ColinJ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I dropped out of my first degree course through too much partying and too little work, so when I had another go 10 years later I was determined that the same thing wouldn't happen again. I gave up alcohol for three years, except for visits home. I didn't go to the pub, or any parties while I was at university. I didn't buy any junk food, and I stopped eating meat. I also power-walked everywhere - about 40 miles a week. I ended up weighing 10 stone 10 pounds! I'm 6' 1" and a relatively chunky build so that was really skinny!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I dream of 10 stone 10!;)

Cheers, Helen, that sounds like a good ride.... I'll have to do some essential maintenance on the FCR though.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My aim would be 10 st 10 pounds. I like the sound (as it were) of your alcohol substitute. I was never even a moderate drinker, and now find that even a small amount makes me tiddly. ;)

My problem is the snacking.

Many congrats to wife of GBB, losing five stone in nine months! :wacko:

That is an excellent "blog" (is that what you call it?) ColinJ. I read it when you first started it, must make the time to read the progress so far, so I can see how it is done.

Calum

The best times i've had at University have involved nights out drinking with my mates (and one other famous narcotic that shall remain nameless:evil:). So there's no way i'd ever give up drinking and eating out, but it just needs to be kept in check. The substituting snacking on kitKats with fruit seems to be working quite well. I'm trying to get some amount of exercise in every day aswell. Even if this is just a 30 minute bike ride around town, or half hour in the gym. I'll get back to where I was eventually, even if I still behave like a "bloody bastard student" in the process.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Speicher said:
Many congrats to wife of GBB, losing five stone in nine months! :tongue:
Yes, that's pretty impressive!

My niece lost 4 stone between May 2008 and Christmas. I'm going to do a post about her on my blog when she finally gets round to sending me her 'before, during and after' photographs.

Speicher said:
That is an excellent "blog" (is that what you call it?) ColinJ. I read it when you first started it, must make the time to read the progress so far, so I can see how it is done.
The main thing you see is my blog which is there to log my progress and encourage me to keep it up. If anybody else gets some inspiration from it too, that's great.

I haven't done much on the website side of things yet. I plan to put lots of road cycling, mountain biking and walking routes on there, that kind of thing.

If you want to see a really good blog, I was looking at one earlier today - that of trio25. She's really been keeping herself busy!

Top Bottom