Has his Drago-ness really left the building (again)? If so...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Dismayed to learn on the swansong thread that The King of The Y-Fronts has left, citing (on his own blog)

"...almost daily sniping:

“We want to delete this, that or the other."

If this is the case - and it seems to be - I for one find it rather lowering. Maybe his first drafts are full of bile and obscenity, rightly filtered out, but personally I can remember no Drago posting that's struck me as out of order. He tends to express himself firmly and forcefully - all to the good, IMHO - but I've never seen him post anything that - for me at least - jarred with the basic ethos of 'fun & friendly'.

There's been quite a lot of discussion lately about CC post-migration (La Grande Flounce), quite a lot of it suggesting that CC 'is not what it was - and not in a good way'. I tend to feel more has been lost than gained, but so be it. I don't envy the mods their role - I certainly wouldn't want to do it - but I do wonder what kind of filters are being applied if, as seems to be the case, they are making this an unwelcoming environment for one of the forum's most consistently lively, interesting and entertaining posters. How many Smart Car driving seven foot neanderthals do we (did we?) have?

Or am I only getting one side of the story?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
No point it will only get deleted.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Members leave forums. It's a way of life. The 'it's not what it was' mantra is often trotted out on a very regular basis and not just on Cycle Chat, it's just a rubbish statement that people like to throw about and cause a little conflict.
It's been used and thrown about on the many different forums I have frequented over the many years, cycling and non cycling.
Life goes on and so do forums.

However, he'll be watching and reading like most flounces always do and will probably come back some time.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I hope if he does leave that he does not ask for his posts to be deleted, I would lose respect for him if that is the case. If he wants to go then fair play that is his decision, although I will miss his insight and humour.

While I do not pretend to have read all of @Drago 's posts, I've rarely, if ever seen anything moderateable or deleteable from him. Far worse from others.
I'll miss him if he really has called it quits.
This forum, along with Basschat, are the two best populated, and moderated, I've ever been a member of, so if his beefs have merit that isn't good from the moderators point of view.

Brains

Legendary Member
If he has left it's a shame, I shall miss his irreverent sense of humour but as said I'm sure he'll be back. I don't want to speculate but he may be serving time 'in solitary ' after breaking the golden rule of 'never dis a mod'.
upload_2019-3-19_11-46-4.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Selection_051.png

Selection_052.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom