Has his Drago-ness really left the building (again)? If so...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Drago if you are reading these posts come back.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
but I do wonder what kind of filters are being applied ?
The filters , such as they are, are the filters made by the many posters that complain about seeing unsuitable content on CC.
That's often a judgement call, not things covered by hard and fast rules.
Please remember that the Mods are not full time staff members - we're volunteers, and we tend to act as a team.
At least 90% of moderation is reactive - we act on complaints, or (rarely) if we see something while we're using CC ourselves.
@Drago hasn't been banned and I hope he comes back soon.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
If he has left it's a shame, I shall miss his irreverent sense of humour but as said I'm sure he'll be back. I don't want to speculate but he may be serving time 'in solitary ' after breaking the golden rule of 'never dis a mod'.
No, he's not. It does require a lot of determined effort to get even a short ban.
Spamming usually does it though - a lot of Mod time is just getting rid of spam.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The filters , such as they are, are the filters made by the many posters that complain about seeing unsuitable content on CC.
That's often a judgement call, not things covered by hard and fast rules.
Please remember that the Mods are not full time staff members - we're volunteers, and we tend to act as a team.
At least 90% of moderation is reactive - we act on complaints, or (rarely) if we see something while we're using CC ourselves.
@Drago hasn't been banned and I hope he comes back soon.
Thanks for the explanation. I do remember that mods are volunteers, and please don't get me wrong - I really appreciate the time & effort you put in to keep this place running. I'm intrigued to know whose feathers Drago has ruffled. He's never upset me, and I consider him barely domesticated.

Slioch

Guru
Shame if he's gone. Probably not everybody's cup of tea but I always found his posts and viewpoints good entertainment value.

One thing I struggled to get my head round though was his stated back-history of being in the police and in search and rescue, both areas which I would imagine are heavily rule bound and process driven. So it was always a bit puzzling seeing him stretching the boundaries on here and pushing back against the authority of the mods.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Shame if he's gone. Probably not everybody's cup of tea but I always found his posts and viewpoints good entertainment value.

One thing I struggled to get my head round though was his stated back-history of being in the police and in search and rescue, both areas which I would imagine are heavily rule bound and process driven. So it was always a bit puzzling seeing him stretching the boundaries on here and pushing back against the authority of the mods.
Rogue Dibble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom