Has his Drago-ness really left the building (again)? If so...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

2180_hiding_behind_a_couch.gif

D

Deleted member 26715

:popcorn:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
So it's not acceptable for men to post images of women?
It rather depends on the reason the image is being posted, if it's being posted for the reasons of titillation then I would say it was not acceptable to post those images on CC, nor is that acceptable according to the rules. Thing is, I don't know why people get bent out of shape about it, I may be wrong, but I have heard that there are sites where you can look at pictures of women elsewhere on the internet, you can even buy books and all sorts with pics of women these days. So, quite why some posters get all Braveheart when it is suggested that they may wish to tone it down on a cycling forum is beyond me.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You first!
What an odd response. I'm not going to go and find and then copy across posts from other threads for you, go and look for yourself.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have to say I'm still a bit taken aback by these allegations of misogyny. I can quite imagine that the pistol-packin' ex-squaddie ex-dibble Dragomeister might not be to everyone's tastes, but I can't recall any posts of his that have struck me as misogynistic. A couple of pages back we got:

But I've yet to see one. The only direct response I can find is:

...ie, 'people' posting pictures - none of whom are Drago. Who I suspect would actually be a bit hurt by these accusations. The big softy. And as I say, justifiably so, as far as I can recall.

So, again, any examples?
It’s not only misogyny that can be offensive to women

D

Deleted member 26715

OK, going well OT here.
If this thread has run its course it will be locked.
[/Mod hat]
Probably best.
It rather depends on the reason the image is being posted, if it's being posted for the reasons of titillation then I would say it was not acceptable to post those images on CC, nor is that acceptable according to the rules. Thing is, I don't know why people get bent out of shape about it, I may be wrong, but I have heard that there are sites where you can look at pictures of women elsewhere on the internet, you can even buy books and all sorts with pics of women these days. So, quite why some posters get all Braveheart when it is suggested that they may wish to tone it down on a cycling forum is beyond me.
i know I know the answer, but have you actually considered you're doing exactly what the posters of those pictures are doing by feinting your outrage.

Oh missed your question, never professionally, but back in the old days when people used to submit CV's in handwriting it was a useful tool, and before you jump on it 'No' not to sift out female applications.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
i know I know the answer, but have you actually considered you're doing exactly what the posters of those pictures are doing by feinting your outrage.
But I'm not outraged, I understand that 's the popular smear but I couldn't be much less outraged if I tried. I'm just trying to point out that it doesn't take an awful lot of effort to consider what you're posting when you are literally being told by a female member of the forum that they dislike some of the posting habits. It's the posters that for some reason feel their freedoms are curtailed that seem keen to be outraged.

Oh missed your question, never professionally, but back in the old days when people used to submit CV's in handwriting it was a useful tool, and before you jump on it 'No' not to sift out female applications.
See that was an interesting and reasonable reply, then you spoil it by trying to project things on to me.

D

Deleted member 26715

See that was an interesting and reasonable reply, then you spoil it by trying to project things on to me.
But I am only doing to you, what you are doing to others, there is a lot to do, but I'm not convinced your methods are the best way of achieving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom