Has your helmet saved your life poll

How has the cycle helmet preformed for you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
My lack of helmet didn't save my life :smile:

What about the option: my helmet is a fashion statement :girl: :laugh:
So is wearing black socks and sandals!

socks385.jpg

As I've pointed out before virtually everyone who wears a helmet has had their life saved by it at some point or other. Virtually everyone who doesn't wear a helmet is still alive regardless. Go figure.

What about the option: my helmet is a fashion statement :girl: :laugh:

ek_ss09_50.jpg

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
As I've pointed out before virtually everyone who wears a helmet has had their life saved by it at some point or other. Virtually everyone who doesn't wear a helmet is still alive regardless. Go figure.
I certainly haven't had my life saved by my lid. In fact the only benefit my lid has provided for me to date is a temporary mount for my Go Pro (not any more though). other than that I can honestly say its never been of any help, probably because its never been provided an opportunity to do its job.

But what this poll tells me so far is that 50% of wearers have never put theirs to the test either. This suggests that at least half of the wearers have never had their life saved, simply because they have never been involved in a fall. Which doesn't support the view that we have all had our lives saved.

Furthermore 34% (at time of typing) have had significant benefit, which suggests that they were some of the unfortunate ones that have had a fall and who's lids have helped (or have been perceived to have helped).

There's a further 20% of anecdotal evidence to suggest the lids have helped in some way.

At the other end of the spectrum 10% of riders feel unsafe BECAUSE of their helmets.

the real problem with this poll is that the sample size is so small its easy for a few riders to adjust the percentages with one or two votes.

I'll let it ride a while and see how the numbers stack up later.

I just wish I could edit the poll and add a few more options.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Jon... you said yourself it was great cycling without wearing a helmet. All that wind rushing through your hair. None of that mushroom head look . And look how much cooler us non-helmeted cyclists looked on the FNRttC... wasting all that money on a piece of silly plastic :whistle::troll:

Sorry mate... can't help myself.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I put "never been put to the test" as my answer but that's not strictly true. I once banged my, helmetted, head on the open garage door, walking in. But I don't think I would have caught the door if I'd been hemetless :whistle:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom