Hats off to Delice de France lorry driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willo

....was cycling on a local route I use regularly y'day on a quiet country lane when I stopped to sort my waterproof stuffed in my jersey pocket. Anyhow, a Delice de France lorry/van came in the opposite direction, slowed down and pulled down his window. Getting ready to respond to his request for directions, I was pleasantly touched when the driver asked if I was okay and whether I needed a phone or hand with a puncture. We often hear the bad tales of motorists on here, so thought a good news example worthy of mention.

Sandra6

Veteran
That's nice. Bet he was a cyclist in a former life!

Berties

Fast and careful!
Nice to hear,I stopped for a cyclist whilst in my car last week and asked if he was ok and he just ignored me ,like every thing there is good and bad,maybe you could email head office and say well done, expect they normally only get complaints

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's OK. We picked it up. I'm arranging for Paul (the driver) to get a John Lewis voucher for being a good ambassador for us.

:hello: Thorn Audax and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

Hard to get a better first post than that :bravo: and kudos to you and Delice de France for picking up on this and rewarding the driver Paul !

CC 'Likes' Delice de France ! :hugs:

Shaun

Founder
It's OK. We picked it up. I'm arranging for Paul (the driver) to get a John Lewis voucher for being a good ambassador for us.

Indeed - what a refreshingly positive approach and one that does your driver and your company credit. :thumbsup:

Can I just take this opportunity to say that when I'm driving I am always lovely to cyclists.

I always do... umm... whatever that bloke from French Yummy Stuff did. Even in the rain.

Sometimes, if they've had a puncture, I even get their washing in and cook them a quick cassoulet.

I don't want to be presumptuous, but if anyone was thinking in terms of rewarding me for my modest efforts on behalf of cyclists, I quite like cake and I quite like bread&butter pudding. Quite generous portions. Lardy Cake is nearly my favourite.

I'm just saying.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Willo

Willo

It's OK. We picked it up. I'm arranging for Paul (the driver) to get a John Lewis voucher for being a good ambassador for us.[/q

Excellent, many thanks. I was in the process of looking for an address/email to feedback but if it's already picked up? Out of interest how did you track him from the limited info above?

Top Bottom