Hats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Other brands are available and cheap enough to lose.
Tilly did some great marketing, but that doesn't make them worth the price.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Other brands are available and cheap enough to lose.
Tilly did some great marketing, but that doesn't make them worth the price.

I get that but I have jeans I still wear from the 70's, very patched mind but some clothing is like an old friend and has memories attached. Don't think I own anything less than 5 years old clothing wise and that'll be likely second hand when I get it

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I get that but I have jeans I still wear from the 70's, very patched mind but some clothing is like an old friend and has memories attached. Don't think I own anything less than 5 years old clothing wise and that'll be likely second hand when I get it

Can't match or beat the 70's but I have a Berghaus fleece I bought from Nevisport at Fort William in the early 90's.

Relegated long ago to "in the house" wear it gets donned several times a week.

I threw it out twice but had to retrieve it as I was too attached to it. 😁

I thought I'd do this when I started working for my current employer, as they have a big second hand shop where I get a discount. Of course it didn't work out like that because I'm below "average" height in Germany so I'd have to scour the racks daily to find more then one item a month that fitted, let alone that I was prepared to wear in public.

That said, we have several pith helmets in store.

GuyBoden

Guru
I've been wearing flat caps since I went bald, good in the winter for keeping my head warm. A light weight flat cap keeps the sun off my bald head in the summer. I've not got a whippet and ferret (yet).:laugh:

I like the wax cotton waterproof flat caps too.

32.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
This guy had the right idea...

View attachment 659582

My hat's bigger than yours!

OT; how can someone be so skinny and yet have a too tight coat/jacket thingy?

I borrowed a navy blue trilby from the retro clothing shop I work in the other week, to 'gauge public reaction'. All who commented said 'it wasn't really me'. It felt odd. It was too stiff and the all round brim was a pain when driving, due to not being able to put my head back on my seat. I also fancied a homburg,https://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/produ...d=CjwKCAjwx7GYBhB7EiwA0d8oe8v3Cd0e7FVW8988but but I just don't think I suite full brim hats.🤔

That is why motor car drivers wear flat caps or leather flying helmets.

Top Bottom