Have I done the right thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vidgeon

Nearly 60 female and just started cycling again as recovering from back injury and loving it!!

Decided to upgrade from my old 3 gear Puch and my friendly local cycle shop talked me through the options and I ordered a new Claud Butler explorer 100. I'm hoping this will take me up hills and along footpaths.

Any advice welcome

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome:
I'm 50, ride a Specialized 29er mountain bike and recently bought a Dawes ladies hybrid.
The hybrid is for popping to the shops, on roads and towpaths. It does great.
The MTB is for blasting through the woods and rougher terrain.

I am sure your Claud Butler will be great for what you intend to do!
Well done on getting back on your bike - it took me several years, but since I got back on it last October, there's been no stopping me!

OP
OP
vidgeon

vidgeon

thanks for your responses ... you seem a very friendly bunch!

I'm a bit nervous about using 18 gears. Looking at info on the web it looks like the rhs is similar to my current 3 gears and the lhs gives you the greater options ... and I know I must not back pedal like
i do currently

surfdude

Veteran
looks like a nice bike and will do want you want . i know how you feel about all the gears , it will not take you to long to get used to them all. . enjoy your new bike

up hill struggle

Nearly 60 female and just started cycling again as recovering from back injury and loving it!!

nice to see your enjoying the cycling that much that you've got a 2nd bike to enjoy it even more & i hope you continue to enjoy it for many more years to come, i hope i have as much motivation when in your age, please take that as it was intended as a compliment.

speaking of age,

really? Also meant as a compliment.

Top Bottom