Have I Gone Mad???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes ! :crazy:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have am opened tined aerator, it gets completely clogged up within a few seconds and my method for using it now is to just javelin it into the ground where it penetrates a couple of cm if I am lucky. I am not sure if it is the soil where I live or the fact that it is just crap.

classic33

Leg End Member
After struggling to use cheap and cheerful hollow tine aerator forks, which just clog up on our clay soil, I have today "forked out" £139.99 (plus postage!!) on a Swardman.

https://www.gardenimports.co.uk/product/swardman-hollow-tine-fork-aerator/

Can't take it with you!

Yowser, that's built to last... Let us know how it works.

Also, it's good to see other people using a low energy solution...

Had this but not this brand 20 years. Did not work after multiple attempts. Used a regular garden fork to dig in clean and tilt it up to break the soil just below the surface without breaking to the surface or lifting the lawn. Worked a treat.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
Had this but not this brand 20 years. Did not work after multiple attempts. Used a regular garden fork to dig in clean and tilt it up to break the soil just below the surface without breaking to the surface or lifting the lawn. Worked a treat.

Did you have one with the cut outs in the tines to allow the cores an easy exit?

Gillstay

Über Member
I have cut grass for many years and never seen the need to airate it. On an intensive golf course etc I can understand it but otherwise I see no gain.

Top Bottom