Have often you read yours...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It wouldn't have mattered where that rider was positioned, twatmouth would have ranted at him anyway. He's just one of those many insecure people who get wound up at the mere sight of a cyclist, especially one that knows how to ride safely.

The driver wasn't inconvenienced in the slightest.

boydj

Legendary Member
I am minded to agree with you, whilst he has a right to take the middle of the road there didn’t seem to be a need to be so far across for so long.

On a narrow road like that it's good practice to ride in a strong position or even take the lane to discourage unsafe overtakes.

Seems like there's a few on here who could do with some bikeability training or having a read at Cyclecraft. Or maybe even try riding a bike on busy roads for a while.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We all know our cycling licences dont cover this situation. I think it was a trick
I am minded to agree with you, whilst he has a right to take the middle of the road there didn’t seem to be a need to be so far across for so long.
The entire clip was only a few seconds long. What are you talking about?
.During the whole clip the other side of the road was totally clear, with a good view ahead. That is where the motorist should have been. That is what overtaking is.

Dont go cap in hand to borrow a bit of road. Its yours. Own it.

DRM

Guru
Listening to that idiots accent I’m guessing this was filmed in Nottingham, where the the really bad aggressive drivers exist, a horrible place to use the roads using any form of transport

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Listening to that idiots accent I’m guessing this was filmed in Nottingham, where the the really bad aggressive drivers exist, a horrible place to use the roads using any form of transport

I've heard much the same said about Norwich and Northampton.

I'm beginning to see a trend ...

Top Bottom