Have you ever been banned from a forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There must be some good tales to be told of forum bans and suspensions.

I've never been permanently banned, but I was suspended from a motoring forum several years ago for arguing my corner too forcibly.

I can't recall the ins and outs, but needless to say I must have been right.

To be fair to the mods, the other bloke received the same sanction, or at least that was what was posted.

I did make a handful more posts after I'd served my sentence, just to see if I could, but I'd already lost interest in the forum so drifted away.

Do you have any stories of forum bans/suspensions, even if it happened to 'someone else'?

Levo-Lon

Guru
There was this one time at Band Camp

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4991740, member: 259"]No, never. I've seen a lot of nutters come and go on here though. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No one likes a goody two shoes - you need to try harder.

Yes
Two of us, on a Land Rover forum, dedicated to the 3rd incarnation of the leaf-sprung derivatives
Co-incidentally, it was for digressing onto the subject of bikes

We were told that digression from the subject of discussion was frowned upon
Sadly no 'right of reply', however politely was forthcoming

Others had been banned/left over the previous few months, & different site/forum built up

That new site still promotes, one of the best 'Leaf-Sprung' Land Rover events; Leafers At t'Pit

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Did somebody say something :hyper:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Never been banned and don't think I have even been warned to back-off so must be doing something right :angel:.

I have had disagreements with members in the past but have dealt with this in a grown up manner via PM. It normally ends with an agreement to disagree and an effort from me not to respond to any of the other parties future posts to avoid any wrongful accusations of targeting, victimisation or bullying.

It isn't brain surgery and even a straight talking insensitive Northerner like me can manage to negotiate the intricacies of internet discussion & debate without resorting to bleating to the mods' or flouncing.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes
We were told that digression from the subject of discussion was frowned upon
Sadly no 'right of reply', however politely was forthcoming
I joined a programming forum and shortly after that discovered a thread discussing a software problem which concerned me. The discussion had gone this way and that until 'the solution' had been found. A moderator then declared the thread closed, though it was not actually locked.

I tried the proposed solution and it appeared to work but I soon found a problem with it and returned to the thread to point that out. The same mod immediately jumped in and told me that replying to a closed thread was an offence punishable with a ban and that I should have started a completely new discussion along the lines of 'the solution in the other thread on this subject is wrong; do THIS instead'!

I replied again, saying that it would be ridiculous to do that. Someone could find 'the solution' but not my correction in the other thread. I was then given a final warning for having the cheek to question moderation policy.

I banned myself for life after that. I didn't want to be part of a forum run by aggressive control freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom