Have you ever been banned from a forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
From the Southern Evening Echo loads of times, but I just go back with a new email address :smile:
I got banned from the Bristol Post website for suggesting that a deaf lady whom I see cycling on the Railway Path even in the depths of winter had more balls than one of their whining anti-cycling correspondents who is always carping on about cycle lanes wasting money and taking up too much room etc. I just go back with a new ID etc.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was banned from this http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php though the moderator told a friend of mine that it's a computer error due to me changing address.or something like that. He said i could re-register under a different name,but i'd be peeved if i did,seeing as i was only about 3 posts away from making my 100th post. Ok,it took me 5 years to get there but even so.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
No, never ..
Most people I've noticed over years on various forums who've been banned are hot heads that lose it and want an internet war over the most silliest of things ..
Getting hot under the collar raises the blood unnecessarily , not saying a good debate isn't worth pursuing but to reach the point of fisty cuffs and a ban is very silly
Fresh air is the best cure ..

DRHysted

Guru
Never banned. I did get suspended for taking the pee out of a mod when he was being a pratt.
I’ve also have had one paddy and “walk” out on another forum.

KEEF

Veteran
Not banned as such but a Motor Club Forum closed ranks and changed its entry criteria after I had some heated discussions regarding the way the committee were turning into Demigods.You now have to reveal your true identity and undergo a vetting process before being accepted as a member of the forum and as far as I know as I am not a member ( I have tried but I think they sussed its me:laugh:) its virtually unused now.

Domus

Guru
Not banned but had a thread deleted and an email from a mod saying I had broken the rules.

It is an American car/garage/fettling forum. Lots of threads about guns and such. ie what gun to buy junior for his 10th birthday.
After one tragic shooting in Idaho I asked if it was now time to put down their guns as I promised the Redcoats were not coming again.

Hells bells it went mental VERY quickly. The rules as I read them said no religion and no politics, apparently guns are only political when legislation is mentioned.
I started another thread asking why guns were political. It went even more mental, the names I was called was a little upsetting so I gave up and now look very occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom