have you ever, cos i haven't?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i got a text message late last night from a girl i used to work with, we did'nt work closely, don't know her really very well, she was pleasant enough though...the text message said she has found out that i'm newly single again and she said she has loved me for along time and she wants to meet up! can somebody fall in love with somebody without really knowing someone, i'm guessing she is just infatuated but left me wondering does this sort of thing happen to other people?

stevenb

She probably means she fancies the pants off ya.......it happens...afetr all....the people you work with are the people you spend most time with.
What you gonna do?
If you have nothing to lose and your interested then go for it.
Good luck that man.

LLB

You don't live in Swansea do you :smile:

dudi

2 things to consider.

1) is she the kind of girl you go for.

2) does she know your ex?

if she is fit & doesn't know your ex then i'd get in there.

if she's not fit & doesn't know your ex then horses for corses.

if she is either fit or otherwise, but DOES know your ex... tread carefully, but go for it anyway.

My paranoid brain tells me that if she knows your ex she may have been with erh when she sent the message... if you know what i mean...

but then I am very paranoid about that kind of thing.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I wouldn't follow up unless we knew each other well and I fancied her too. She was probably drink texting, urged on by well meaning friends.

How would she know that you are newly single though?

I have been stalked by a woman who would 'pop up' and make contact when ever I became newly single for a few years. She would also send me messages saying she'd seen the work I was doing to the house and such like. I ignored her and she eventually moved away. However, when I went on a couple of dating sites last year she then joined a few weeks later matching my search criteria. I left the sites pretty sharpish.

it's the phrase she's loved you for a long time that would scare me!

i'd still shag her once though. well. you've got find out if she's any good, haven't you!

catwoman

A few years back I got a letter from someone telling me he knew me and had admired me from afar for some time. He put his address on the letter so I could contact him back. I was rather perturbed by this; who was this man? How did he know me and how did he know my address?
After a few days my curiosity got the better of me and I doorstepped him. I felt I hadn't got anything to lose (after all, he could have been the man of my dreams) and in any case I had to express my alarm to him at getting a letter like that completely out of the blue - it was quite spooky. :evil:
We went for a drink and the way he knew me was that he was a friend of a neighbour. He wasn't my type so we parted amicably after a couple of drinks. I certainly didn't want to just shag him 'cos I could. Not into that and beware anyone who is ;)
No harm done. :tongue:

Top Bottom