Have You Ever...

Have you ever forgotten to take your work clothes with you on your commute?

• Yes, I never did it again.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, Frequently.

• No, my mind is like a steel trap, I forget nothing!

• Eh? I commute in my work clothes, as I never sweat/don't care

• I work in lycra, as I am a member of a glam rock group/other lycra clad occupation/don't care

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
I heard rather than saw it, had a quick peak as I was getting ready. They did look rather, er tight, didn't they! ;)

He is one of the better presenters on there, dunno about the cute bit but I keep wondering about inviting him to do a piece on club cycling or commuting or something. :biggrin:

Well, definitely cute as far as I'm concerned, although I think he and the blonde weather girl are an item, so bang goes that opportunity. Also, I don't think I could live with someone who was that into sport....

There has been some talk of him and the other two presenters doing some mini triathlon for Sports Relief, I think. Can't remember who was going to do cycling...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Thanks for that last Poll option John, made just for me! LOL !!

Maz

Guru
sometimes i forget and leave my pants in the disabled toilet when i get my cycling gear on to ride home...so far no crotch-sniffing perv has made off with them.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
On my non-cycling day on a Monday I take in my week's worth of clothing and hang it in my locker. So the worst I can do is to forget pants as I take fresh socks, pants and a towel in my rucksack every day. I can get away with the socks I cycled in wearing, plus going commando, so it's no big deal. My keys are permanently in my hi-viz waistcoat in winter, and clipped permanently into the keyring clip in the rucksack in summer, so I'm unlikely to forget them (especially since I have to open and then lock the flat door with them as I leave, so without them I'd be stuck in the flat !)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Not yet, but I sure it will happen one day...

Oh, I did forget to take my pannier with me going home one evening and had to go back and get it, I don't pack my keys in the pannier any more...

Plax

Guru
Thankfully I've only ever forgotton the odd pair of knickers or socks and once my bra (No I don't cycle to work with no bra - I wear a sports bra). I leave a pair of shoes at work so I'm covered on that one. If I forget anything else I can always wander round in a lab coat all day!

bonj2

er..yes, i just drive the next day aswell...

the rule should be, if you cycle far enough to need to get changed, you obviously cycle far enough for it to be worth travelling light and not having a dirty great pannier strapped to the back.

at my last job, i often used to just leave my pannier containing my gym kit on even if I hadn't yet decided whether i could be bothered to go to the gym that day (and often couldn't be), and sometimes when i didn't know what was in it, but now i just take everything in on a driving day so i can cycle light.

Freewheeler

My ride to the station is less than 2 miles, so wear my shirt, tie and trousers on the bike; showerproof jacket and overtrousers if it's raining. The prevailing wind is with me in the mornings, so I only sweat on the way home. I keep a pair of shoes at work though so I can wear trainers (it's hard to pedal in leather shoes).

I find it amusing when the weather's nice to be riding along on an sit-up-and-beg bike wearing a shirt and tie.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So far, nothing worse than cuflinks - but now have a set at work. Just take in undies socks and shirt each day - a few tied at work - Pant's go in on a monday.

Always double check, leaving keys would be a nightmare - would have to find a master key to open my office, and I'd also have to find somewhere to put the bike !

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Have shoes in the locker at work for work - in the locker also is a spare pair of everything, I wouldn't want is to realise after a rain soaked commute in that I've forgotten to pack clean clothes!

Top Bottom