Have You Ever...

Have you ever forgotten to take your work clothes with you on your commute?

• Yes, I never did it again.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, Frequently.

• No, my mind is like a steel trap, I forget nothing!

• Eh? I commute in my work clothes, as I never sweat/don't care

• I work in lycra, as I am a member of a glam rock group/other lycra clad occupation/don't care

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Left your work clothes at home?

First time for me today - no meetings today, and I'm no longer in an open plan office though, so shouldn't scare too many coworkers...

yeah, haven't we all? :biggrin:

davidtq

I did on a day I had a meeting of all days, managed to duck out of it but not without incurring some displeasure from the directors. Although I did assure them it was better that I wasnt there than there in lycra :biggrin: Which they seemed to agree with.

janm399

Veteran
Actually, I keep a spare pair of jeans and a couple of dry (!) t-shirts in the server room. Also, the heat from the servers is great for drying wet clothes :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
went commando one day plus white cycle socks

I forget my keys, wallet and phone far too often, my mind works on method, If I take something extra with me I leave something behind, it's genuinely quite sad

forgot the helmet one day in the same way

I'd quite happily wear cycle clothes all day

02GF74

Über Member
i keep work clothes in the office and replace shirts as needed - there is 2 or three that can be worn at any time plus the tsirts and jeans for dress down fridays.

unergarments are brought in and have been forgotten some times.

Mac66

Yeah. Left my shirt at home and spent all day in my merino base layer. Waiting for the day that I forget trousers and have to strut my stuff in lycra shorts.;)

domtyler

Über Member
I leave my shirts at work and get them laundered locally. I bring in clean trousers etc. and then take home the dirty stuff. Underwear I have forgotten many times.

If the worst came to the worst a quick trip to M&S would put me back on track.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Anyone see the cute sports guy on BBC Breakfast this morning, modelling the latest in hi-tech swimming suits - he wore a jacket and tie (no collar, obviosuly) over it, it looked hilarious!;)

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
Anyone see the cute sports guy on BBC Breakfast this morning, modelling the latest in hi-tech swimming suits - he wore a jacket and tie (no collar, obviosuly) over it, it looked hilarious!:biggrin:

I heard rather than saw it, had a quick peak as I was getting ready. They did look rather, er tight, didn't they! ;)

He is one of the better presenters on there, dunno about the cute bit but I keep wondering about inviting him to do a piece on club cycling or commuting or something. :smile:

yenrod

Once I got a call prior to leaving the house to stay put as theirs some gas canisters causing problems by work.

Ok, no worries.

So wait and wait and wait.

No communication. So it comes to about 1pm and think I know lets go for a ride, will enjoy this, dont reckon work'll contact now - it'l be off for the day...

Just as Im going - yeah com in; its alright now come in goes the phonecall..

So instead of riding i pack the backpack with all me stuff...

Get to work what have I forgot: me smalls...:biggrin::blush:;)

So, i make a double quick calculation on how breathable cycling shorts are & leave them on under the trousers...

..they weren't that bad but not for a permanent, everyday, 'wear'.

levad

Veteran
Not forgotten to take work clothes with me as I leave them in my locker at work. However, I did forget the key to the locker recently!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
janm399 said:
Actually, I keep a spare pair of jeans and a couple of dry (!) t-shirts in the server room. Also, the heat from the servers is great for drying wet clothes ;)

I use the server room as well and have to agree it is excellent for drying wet clothes. :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
levad said:
Not forgotten to take work clothes with me as I leave them in my locker at work. However, I did forget the key to the locker recently!

as have i, the locker key is now clipped onto a key ring retainer in my rucksack at all times (except when in use). you only spend an hour waiting for the mrs to finish taking the kids to school before driving the key over, sitting around in a z peugeot team kit, once. ;)

Top Bottom