Have your bike sheds got busy ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
drsquirrel said:
I don't know why people bother only when it's hot, too much sweat... you almost get as wet as if you cycle in a light drizzle. :biggrin:

Dry and cold(ish) is what I want!

I agree!! There was a morning last week, bone dry road, sunshine and around 9C. SS top and shorts, perfect cycling weather! :biggrin:

Mattyhew

Nope still only me here, all the showers to myself, but some how no free lockers !!! gah, trying to get the cycle to work system set up here but management are not that bothered :-( so looks like it will be just me for a while !

Mike!

Guru
Our Bike shed has about 5 bikes at the best of times but i don't use it. We are frequented too many times but dubious characters that like nicking Metal and Batteries. (Plus we have a Travelling Fair Ground on the Park next to us at the moment.........)

My Bike shed is right beside my desk or in an Air Conditioned Server Room!!

Oh and no showers here..... :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Work have introduced a £20 a year fee which has discouraged those who only cycle occasionally. Must get about 50 cyclists in the building now which I'm all for. Guy who parks his bike next to me is a bit of a fairweather cyclist - he swaps between a Condor fixed and a Condor with gears. Nice for some. Leaves his very expensive Rapha gear (hat, gloves) on the bike. I'm surprised they haven't gone yet.

martint235

Dog on a bike
ChrisKH said:
Work have introduced a £20 a year fee which has discouraged those who only cycle occasionally.

£20 to park your bike at work??? I hope you get a decent locker and proper shower facilities for that! :biggrin:

NigC

ChrisKH said:
Work have introduced a £20 a year fee which has discouraged those who only cycle occasionally. Must get about 50 cyclists in the building now which I'm all for. Guy who parks his bike next to me is a bit of a fairweather cyclist - he swaps between a Condor fixed and a Condor with gears. Nice for some. Leaves his very expensive Rapha gear (hat, gloves) on the bike. I'm surprised they haven't gone yet.

I'm astonished that there's a fee for riding your bike :biggrin: Do they charge for car parking?

ChrisKH

Guru
martint235 said:
£20 to park your bike at work??? I hope you get a decent locker and proper shower facilities for that! :biggrin:

It is only £20 a year I suppose and the security is first class. And the security guards call me Sir and Mr. KH every day. :biggrin: There is a glorious power shower on every floor of the building and large storage facilities, so potentially about 45 showers in all. I share a shower with one other girlie commuter. Can't be bad.

ChrisKH

Guru
NigC said:
I'm astonished that there's a fee for riding your bike :biggrin: Do they charge for car parking?

Car parking is £15 a day. Plus VAT. :biggrin: So in relative terms it's quite cheap.

(It is in the City)

NigC

ChrisKH said:
Car parking is £15 a day. Plus VAT. :biggrin: So in relative terms it's quite cheap.

:biggrin: Ouch! Yeah £20 a year doesn't seem quite so bad then :ohmy:

Cubist

Still wavin'
ChrisKH said:
It is only £20 a year I suppose and the security is first class. I share a shower with one other girlie commuter. Can't be bad.
What's her take on it? The women at work here don't like men in the changing rooms, let alone in the showers with them......

ChrisKH

Guru
Cubist said:
What's her take on it? The women at work here don't like men in the changing rooms, let alone in the showers with them......

She is from Chile and a lovely looking girl. She borrows the soap, but I don't mind. :smile:

(There's a lock on the shower room door, would you believe. )

martint235

Dog on a bike
ChrisKH said:
She is from Chile and a lovely looking girl. She borrows the soap, but I don't mind. :smile:

(There's a lock on the shower room door, would you believe. )

That's it, go and spoil the idea!!!

Top Bottom