Haven't done one of these since i was a kid!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
Just one more to go!....

...And no, I am not going to do it on a road bike. I dont want to wreck anything expensive.

That was a joke by the way. I didn't really expect you to do it on a road bike at the end of a pier. :rolleyes:

Fine, I'll "Like" it.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Okay got 5 likes. I will head out in a bit and make sure I get some good footage.

The vid will probaly be up either tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: 6! Well I had better be going out then. :bicycle:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Well after a few attempts (9 actually) I finally did it on my 10th. Believe you me, it is funny!!!

It didnt really hurt but I got sand in a few places I didnt want (brake levers...tut).

I will post the video in a new thread when it has been uploaded.

Peter88

Veteran
Last time i bunny hopped was at easter, riding along the coastal path by Towyn 2 lads (early 20's) each threw a beer bottle onto floor just infront of me.

Somehow managed to hop over the glass carried on while looking back at them with a big grin and gave them a cheeky wave then peddeled off to Pensarn.

I used to work on a base with a Turkish guard contingent and I lived off-base. It was all very pre-Twin Towers and security was casual and cool. We used to have a bit of a laugh at the ID check on my way in.

I'd cycle into work and then sprint the last 50m before doing a stoppie right in front of the first guard.

How we used to laugh...

One day my MTB was pinched and I replaced it.

The next morning I errr... ummmm.... didn't take into account how much better the brakes would be.

I landed OK after flying over the bars, but then got hit on the back by my bike.

How we laughed....

I stopped doing it after that.

This was NATO, but the HQ was under US command. One doesn't want to say too much, but it wasn't the hardest place to enter.

Or leave.

Immediately after 11 September 2001, the Turkish guards were removed and replaced by Germans. No reason was given, but there was a feeling on base that Turkey was slightly too non-Christian to be left in charge of perimeter security. I'll never know the real reason.

More than once I left my ID hanging in my appartment and didn't realise until I was at my desk, well inside the wire.

Because I was "The Ukranian guy with a bicycle", nobody checked my pass.

(I wasn't Ukranian at all, but it said UK on my pass and they refused on that basis to believe I was British... )

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The thread is up.

machew

Veteran
Last endo I did was on my trike, lad steps off the pavement on the road. Lock the front two wheels did an endo and hit him with my flag

Top Bottom