Haven't got a corkscrew?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I used to visit Portugal regularly, and developed a taste for chilled vinho verde, but I haven't had it in years.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Surley not having a corkscrew is a poor persons problem. I only drink top quality stuff and it comes with a screw on top.

I pity those that have no choice but to drink that old unwanted stuff in dusty old bottles.

I had my butler throw out all that old "Chateau blah-blah 69" years ago...

You can actually buy Champagne Sabres, who knew. No practical purpose other than a load of old honk if the advertising blurb is anything to go by

Add a feeling of exclusivity to your dining settings........ Ideal for opening your favourite champagne in style, this sabre has a sensual and organic shape which oozes luxury. Designed by Helle Damkjær it is part of the Indulgence collection to infuse decadence to every dinner party.

A sensual and organic shape: They probably mixed it up with the vibrators they sell. Now knocking the end off with a vibrator would be decadent, if you see what I mean.

Reactions: srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You can actually buy Champagne Sabres, who knew. No practical purpose other than a load of old honk if the advertising blurb is anything to go by
I knew the result of the way he poured it reminded me of something....

rich p

ridiculous old lush

Add a feeling of exclusivity to your dining settings........ Ideal for opening your favourite champagne in style, this sabre has a sensual and organic shape which oozes luxury. Designed by Helle Damkjær it is part of the Indulgence collection to infuse decadence to every dinner party.

A sensual and organic shape: They probably mixed it up with the vibrators they sell. Now knocking the end off with a vibrator would be decadent, if you see what I mean.
Filth...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Whoaaah! Elfin safety moment. Anyone else remember the pump corkscrew with a CO2 cartridge? And anyone remember the public safety warnings about not using them to open Mateus Rose?
Was Mateus Rose the stuff with the advert of women in floaty skirts wandering along a bucolic riverbank in France? I'm starting to remember all kinds of strange wines now.

Hirondelle anybody? The rumour was that there was a giant wine supertanker filling up at absolutely anywhere on the Med that had a local glut before the vile liquid was pumped into bottles for the unsuspecting public. It was cheap though.
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Question153160.html

Black Tower?

Le Piat D'Or?

srw

Blue Nun.

Paul Masson California Carafe.

And there was a very cheap French wine which was as dull as anything. In the 1990s I was given a bottle of wine for doing a concert, and was very excited until I opened the bag to discover this god-awful plonk. We still drank it - I was, after all, still a student.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Was Mateus Rose the stuff with the advert of women in floaty skirts wandering along a bucolic riverbank in France? I'm starting to remember all kinds of strange wines now.

Hirondelle anybody? The rumour was that there was a giant wine supertanker filling up at absolutely anywhere on the Med that had a local glut before the vile liquid was pumped into bottles for the unsuspecting public. It was cheap though.
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Question153160.html

Black Tower?

Le Piat D'Or?

I lived in Germany in 1984/85. Supermarkets were selling tetrapaks of "wine lake" surplus, red or white (both flavours) for silly money. A litre was more or less as cheap as a bottle of beer, and they weren't exactly overcharging for that. It certainly helped eek out a student grant. That said it coincided with the Austrian wine scandal, shite wine weetened with diethylene glycol. Mmmmmm, tasty.

srw

There's a video clip going round facebook at the moment - something like "Jedi Girl" - that's worth a squint.

Can you tell I'm getting bored by not being well enough to do much other than look at silly things online?

Top Bottom