1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having one arm

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Abitrary, 30 May 2008.

1. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Cycling past the gym tonight, I saw a bloke with one arm going in with a table tennis bat in his hand, and I thought "go on, my son.".

I started thinking about stuff I'd carry around, but I thought it would be more interesting the stuff you could actually get away with.

Like slapping people round the back of the neck at bus stops, and when they turn round it would be 50% less likely it was you.

2. rogerzilla

rogerzilla Über Member

We have a one-armed cyclist near Swindon, who seems to do OK.

We sometimes pass him on CTC rides. One day the ride leader remarked, "how does he fix a puncture?" and I still don't know.

3. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Put the wheel between his legs !

4. Somewhere, somewhere, I have a clip of a guy in India who sits at the roadside fixing punctures...he has no arms. Very adroit.

5. OP
    OP
    Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Or sinister?

6. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Thats called talent!

7. OK sorry - it's a Chinese website ergo difficult to read:wacko: - but here are some stills which give the gist of what I was talking about. Apologies to all Indian puncture repairers...it was an 'armless mistake;)

jtqo8m.jpg

25jij9l.jpg

2rmo651.jpg

2cmouc8.jpg

r08qkg.jpg

5d8j08.jpg

34q4jt5.jpg

nydw86.jpg

szx35t.jpg

10h5zwx.jpg

2lwpu0x.jpg

4qkhsi.jpg

8xlf6o.jpg

289h8wi.jpg

8. yenrod

yenrod Guest

It would be a pleasure to have my tube/s rectified by that man - such skill.

Everyone who buys a new tube should be disgusted with themselves.

9. www.newtube.com - it's an over-inflated website IMO (oops! it's a 'live' one :¬) )

10. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

*snigger*

Yenners , you are Graham Norton and I claim my fiver!
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

11. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Tell me another GREAT joke/innuendo Dom ????????????? :biggrin:

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Those photos are amazing, just think of the hours of practice that was require to be able to achieve that standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

seen the monkey fellas who can control a robotic arm on the news?
    that'll be the next big thing.

Before long people will be able to have various useful implants AS WELL as their arms. For isntance, a tin opener, screwdriver, pen, etc.

14. It's simpler just to carry a Swiss Army knife. Although it'll probably be illegal soon.:biggrin:

15. OP
    OP
    Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Have you ever played table tennis? Do you think a one-armer would be more streamlined or less balanced?