having one arm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Abitrary said:
Have you ever played table tennis? Do you think a one-armer would be more streamlined or less balanced?

I've seen girls in Thailand play table tennis without using their arms or legs! Bloody fast serve! :ohmy:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I used to play cricket with a one armed bloke. He was a good slow bowler, average bat and good fielder if it came to him on the right side!

kyuss

Veteran
I work on a magazine for the British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists so get to see pictures of some of the fantastic prosthetics out there (and unfortunately of wounds that would put you off your dinner). Enough titanium and carbon fibre to make the weight weenies weep, and silicon hands and feet with hairy toes/fingers and everything. It's really is amazing what can be done. The engineering involved in knees for instance, is particularly impressive.

There was an article about a year back about one guy with no arms, (and I think, only one leg) who cycled across America. I must try and dig it out.

atbman

Veteran
Then there was the one-armed blacksmith (Sidney ???) who broke the miles-in-a-year record before WWII, averaging 200mpd. Later used to sing trad. songs at the Topic folk Club in Bradford, the world's longest running folk club

Top Bottom