Hay Fever Started for Anyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisb1357

Über Member
Hi all,

Has anyone's Hay Fever started. Can never seem to find anything that stops it for me :-( and i cycyle to work each day and not looking forward to turning out into a big rash like i always do

Chris

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes last Tuesday with a vengeance ...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
One of the big fir trees next to us at work was 'firing' off that much pollen the other day we thought it was on fire at one point!

I tend to live on anti-histamines for a couple of weeks when it's at it's worst :tongue:

I usually suffer most around late May early June, but have found the longer I live in the country the better it has got

wafflycat

chrisb1357 said:
Hi all,

Has anyone's Hay Fever started. Can never seem to find anything that stops it for me :-( and i cycyle to work each day and not looking forward to turning out into a big rash like i always do

Chris

Oh yes. Antihistamines daily from now on...

Norm

I get hay fever from grass pollen, so I have five or six weeks yet. Mrs Norm gets it from different types of tree pollen, though, so I guess that the explosive sneezing and asthmatic wheezing will be here within the week.

OP
OP
C

chrisb1357

Über Member
Well am not sure what it was for me this weekend but was out for a walk (not a ride around a nature reserve) on sat and came back and as soon as i got in home my neck and shoulders came out in a massive hot rash and seem to spread a little down my arms

Chris

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had it badly from 15 through to my late forties. It does go away, eventually!

Clarityn is the answer.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Never had it (phew) and don't wish it on anyone.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Exactly, It's one of those things that a lot of people really don't understand or think you are bigging up the symptoms. The pain in my eyes and flu like bunged up sinuses are not fun at all. When I am speaking to people whilst suffering they think I have a cold or flu. Bleedin' hate it.

ComedyPilot said:
Never had it (phew) and don't wish it on anyone.

Norm

chrisb1357 said:
Well am not sure what it was for me this weekend but was out for a walk (not a ride around a nature reserve) on sat and came back and as soon as i got in home my neck and shoulders came out in a massive hot rash and seem to spread a little down my arms

Chris
More likely heat rash, IMO. Were you wearing man-made fabrics? ;)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
+1 for it easing off as you get older. I'm 41 now and just the odd sniffle when I'm bashing through the undergrowth at the mo. 10 years ago I'd had my first injection by now and be avoiding anything green for months.

Haymine works nicely for me nowadays.

Top Bottom