Hayfever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Didn't have a tablet before I set of on my commute to the office this morning. Got in the lift when I arrived took my glasses off and was shocked to see how much one of my eyes had swollen. I normally get itchy eyes but not swollen. A colleague looked at me and said are you ok? I said yes, just hayfever and he said he thought i had had a fight. :B)
Having a rural commute is great but you do pay the price in the spring and start of the summer months if you suffer from Hayfever.

Rant over. :becool:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Know the feeling, and not yet in 30 years found any tablets that work particularly well.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
I get it, not to that extent though. Bit of a pain in the back side though. Mainly runny eyes and nose.... Just need to remember which glove is the sweat glove; which glove is the snot glove :sweat:

I don't get it that badly, but it does affect my asthma more... dry eyes I can cope with, itching eyes I can cope with, them glued together I can cope with, but thankfully I don't get the 'you've been in a fight' look. is it worth keeping a couple of spare tablets at work to fall back onto?
PS, the pollen index is high today and tomorrow.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
It's really kicking me this year more than ever. My daily tablet isn't doing anything. I am going to see if I can get some nasal spray to go with it because I feel terrible...

My missus used to have really bad hayfever, to the point where her eyes were streaming and tablets did nothing. We moved from Bedfordshire to Norfolk and it stopped.

Unfortunately for me, I now have hayfever.....

stuee147

i watched a documentary on tv last summer i think it was and they were talking about hayfever and they showed this trial drug it was a tiny tablet that you pop under your toung and let desolve , the tablet was made of pollen and it worked on the basis that this tiny amount of pollen would get your immune system to build its deftnesses against the pollen, much the same way as things like the old polo vaccine and i think most of the others to. in the documentary it was showing great success with something like 98% success rate.

iv never seen anything like it on the market so maybe they are still testing it. but if you stick your head in a bunch of flowers for a couple of minuets each day it might have the same effect lol im old school what dont kill you will make you stronger lol

Kookas

Über Member
i watched a documentary on tv last summer i think it was and they were talking about hayfever and they showed this trial drug it was a tiny tablet that you pop under your toung and let desolve , the tablet was made of pollen and it worked on the basis that this tiny amount of pollen would get your immune system to build its deftnesses against the pollen, much the same way as things like the old polo vaccine and i think most of the others to. in the documentary it was showing great success with something like 98% success rate.

iv never seen anything like it on the market so maybe they are still testing it. but if you stick your head in a bunch of flowers for a couple of minuets each day it might have the same effect lol im old school what dont kill you will make you stronger lol

That technique is currently in use, but it takes years for it to work. I pretty much eradicated all my symptoms with some treatment I got on prescription, which consists of a nasal spray and tablets.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23692

A spoon of honey + spoon of apple cider vinegar in a mug of hot water 1st thing in the morning sorts mine straight out.... and has done for far longer than I care to remember.

All natural too :smile:

Top Bottom