Hayle Cycles - heads up and thanks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm holidaying in Cornwall with my family and have the bike with me for early morning rides. This morning on the hill down the A3074 towards Lelant I had total front brake failure, narrowly missing the back of a Range Rover!!!! Carried on to St Ives and stopped a cyclist going the other way to ask for a bike shop. He sent me off to see at Ashley at Hayle Cycles.

Ashley looked at the problem, got things working so, so and I suggested I'd have the whole lot stripped down when I got home. Anyway Ashley offered to do this for me, phoned at 7.00pm tonight to say the bike was ready and the charge would be £15! Briiliant service and saved my holiday.

So this is just a word of thanks to a good LBS. I gather the shop has been there for a while but Ashley bought it last week. If you're local I hope you know about him, if you're touring and in trouble this is the place to go.

For me this is a real LBS, just like the one I suppport at home. Thanks Ashley

Keith Oates

Janner
Another reason to support you're LBS when possible. I hope Ashley gets a few visits from other CC members as a result of the recommendation from you Paul, well worth reporting IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tynan

Veteran
I've invariably found the independent ones competent and helpful, often charging nothing for quick and easy fixes when I've limped in mid journey

likewise I've found the franchise operations dangerous and ignorant

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just wanted to update this. Got the bike back from Ashley last Wednesday to find he had resolved the front brake problem, tweaked the rear, lubed the chain and trued my rear wheel - didn't know it was out! - all for £15. Bike feels great, holiday rides going well!

Top Bottom