Haynes manuals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perhaps they were only printed to give to Uncle Fred at Christmas so that he had something to read after Christmas lunch. He probably had all good intentions to change this, renew that and after a glass of sherry looked easy peasy. In the cold light of day the manual went on the bookshelf to read again at a further date but never getting anywhere near the car, because Auntie would`nt let him loose on it !

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm collecting the space ones, got Apollo 11, Saturn V, Moon manual etc & of course, the USS Enterprise. Very handy when I'm fixing the warp core but anti-matter is a bit hard to come by....:okay:. And that blasted starboard power coupling is always on the blink....
Not cheap to fill up either!
"NASA has estimated the cost of production at CERN – LAB is 62.5 trillion USD per gram of Antimatter."

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I bought the Haynes manual for the Tiger tank. A random thought popped into my head one day "I wonder how you start a Tiger tank?" as they do. I presumed there'd be a system of a smaller fuel motor turning the tank one, but no, you basically turn the key to an electric start.
The manual is actually really interesting, it's about a Tiger tank which got captured in North Africa in the war, shipped back to Britain for examination, then forgotten about till someone came along and refurbed it. I think it was the early days of the Bovingdon tank museum and the person who did the refurbing had been a tank crew member in the war and had been knocked out by the same Tiger tank.

gbb

Legendary Member
I bought the Haynes manual for the Tiger tank. A random thought popped into my head one day "I wonder how you start a Tiger tank?" as they do. I presumed there'd be a system of a smaller fuel motor turning the tank one, but no, you basically turn the key to an electric start.
The manual is actually really interesting, it's about a Tiger tank which got captured in North Africa in the war, shipped back to Britain for examination, then forgotten about till someone came along and refurbed it. I think it was the early days of the Bovingdon tank museum and the person who did the refurbing had been a tank crew member in the war and had been knocked out by the same Tiger tank.
I was watching an episode of Combat Dealers and in it, Bruce went to buy a Maybach engine I think from a Tiger tank...it was stored in someones garage down south somewhere. You just never know what some people have squirreled away. I wish I could remember now the owner came by it.

I used to find they were useful from my Dolomite Sprint to my Y reg Cavalier and then they became Les so .
I like the new range , Concorde , Lancaster, Spitfire , Bentley, Lotus 49, as they can be useful for modelling .

The only one that was really useful was when I had a Series 3 Landy. I am a numpty at mechanical things, but managed to follow it's guidance and change the water pump, without a problem. Well, except for getting various nuts and bolts off which were well rusted into place.....

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm collecting the space ones, got Apollo 11, Saturn V, Moon manual etc & of course, the USS Enterprise. Very handy when I'm fixing the warp core but anti-matter is a bit hard to come by....:okay:. And that blasted starboard power coupling is always on the blink....
You'll have these then?

Top Bottom