He sells stolen bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
http://www.skelbiu.l...lt-8879566.html

This is Lithuanian website to sell everything and it has bicycle section aswell. I know 100 % that this man from Kedainiai (it's small town) is selling ONLY stolen bicycles. A price for this TT bike is 3300 Litas, that is about 800 pounds. This is only one example. Sometimes he sells stolen prototype bicycles (I saw 1 in winter time).
And he is not stealing bicycles himself - he has some kids (!!!), who are doing this job - because kids cannot be punished (adults can).

So look sometimes at this website. I cannot guarantee that he's stealing bicycles in UK, but who knows ...

I think it's fairly unlikely that stolen UK bikes are ending up in Lithuania.

Ausra, had any luck finding your Carrera? Are the Police helping much?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bloody Hell Ausra, you've been in Liverpool a few weeks and already been robbed?

You need to get out of that place.

Have a look on Ebay and check the local papers for adverts, you might get lucky and find you beloved bike.

I have posted a link on Velonews.

Globalti

Legendary Member
But for some reason you did choose to work in the city with probably the highest crime rate in the UK! If you work in hotels, there's lots of hotel work elsewhere in places with a much lower crime rate. And better riding as well; what about all of Scotland, all of Wales, all of the Yorkshire Dales or North York moors? Fantastic riding, very little traffic and almost no crime.

I hate to say this but I NEVER leave my bike anywhere in public unless it's locked in a car or in my full view all the time. Admittedly it was your only form of transport but maybe you need to go out now and buy a crap bike to ride to work and start saving for a replacement racer, which you can keep chained to the wall in your flat.

Have you looked at this website?: http://bikeshd.co.uk/

Also you might be able to get the Liverpool Echo to run a story on it if you stress the aspect of being an overseas rider, aspiring sportswoman, saved all your life for the bike, etc. etc. Ring the news desk on 0151 472 2453 and speak to a reporter. It worked for that German world cyclist whose bike got stolen in Portsmouth; somebody found it and gave it back.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi Ausra
Sorry to hear of your loss :angry: Maybe worth looking at Police auctions for a cheap replacement, Merseyside police use
Hartleys, 12-14 Moss Street, Low Hill, Liverpool. L6 1HF. 0151-2631865. for their auctions according to the web, so maybe worth calling them to see if there's any sales coming up.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ausra, Liverpool is a city full of thieves. Do you know that Liverpool dock workers stole so much from the cotton industrialists of Manchester that the Manchester people even put their resources together to build a canal from beyond Liverpool docks to Manchester so that ships could load and unload at Manchester without the need to go through Liverpool? Liverpool committed commercial suicide in the 1800s and is still suffering the consequences today. There are more and better hotels in all the provincial towns of Britain that are desperate for honest reliable workers because they are sick of the useless, lazy thieving workshy British workers that the Job Centre sends them. And it's not only hotels, I have a friend who employs Polish people in his flower-growing business and loves them because they work hard and they turn up on time every day, sober and keen to do an honest day's work. I know it's easy for me to say this but you would do better to relocate to somewhere decent like Bath, Cheltenham, Cambridge, Harrogate, Chester or Stratford on Avon where there is plenty of tourism and good hotels as well as good cycling in the area.

You can read abut the Manchester ship canal here: http://en.wikipedia....ster_Ship_Canal

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Do you know, how I made choise of Liverpool? Before coming here, I even didn't know where it is. I look on internet and tried to find what is the most popular place in UK among LT employment agencies. That was Liverpool - LT agencies said, that there are lots of jobs on farms, in hotels etc. That was my mistake - to believe them. Nobody waits for another immigrant. :biggrin:

Ausra,
Agree wrong choice, you should have come over to Peterborough....This is the capitol city of Lithuania Minor and Little Poland :biggrin:.
Good job opportunities being on the edge of the Fens and some good cycling clubs too. Just happens that one of the local cops doesn't take too kindly to bike thieves either!

The idea of bikes stolen in the UK ending up in Lithuania is not as far fetched as it seems!

Just a thought, if your spoken english is as good as your written, you may want to think about applying to be a Police Community Support Officer with one of the constabularies where there is a large Lithuanian community!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ausra,
Agree wrong choice, you should have come over to Peterborough....This is the capitol city of Lithuania Minor and Little Poland :biggrin:.
Good job opportunities being on the edge of the Fens and some good cycling clubs too. Just happens that one of the local cops doesn't take too kindly to bike thieves either!

The idea of bikes stolen in the UK ending up in Lithuania is not as far fetched as it seems!

Just a thought, if your spoken english is as good as your written, you may want to think about applying to be a Police Community Support Officer with one of the constabularies where there is a large Lithuanian community!

Blimey, what a good idea! It would be a permanent job and she might get a bike too.

skylark

Dunbar

Über Member
Ausra,

And they get to ride bikes too. Plus Lincolnshire is fairly flat! :biggrin:

John

Maybe I need to study in police school (or how it is called) and to kick thieves' asses ... :laugh:

Just a quick English lesson here...

Leave their donkeys alone and kick their arses instead ;)

(in American English an ass is someone's behind, in English English an ass is a donkey and an arse is what one sits upon)

Dunbar

Über Member
It's getting worse Tiger,

Just lately, our 'TV faces' are constantly 'incentivizing conceptualization', instead of 'encouraging us to think'. (Outside the box usually!) :whistle:

I fear the language is slowly moving towards American English. We'll be driving/riding on the right-hand side of the road next.

John :rolleyes:

asterix

Comrade Member
It's getting worse Tiger,

Just lately, our 'TV faces' are constantly 'incentivizing conceptualization', instead of 'encouraging us to think'. (Outside the box usually!) :whistle:

I fear the language is slowly moving towards American English. We'll be driving/riding on the right-hand side of the road next.

John :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with driving on the right, I do it all the time..

(DYK that in the early 60's the UK had the chance to change sides but decided not to. Near ferry ports drivers have been crashing into each other ever since. One guy on a scooter got as far as Clacton before his untimely death embedded in the front of a bus.)

Top Bottom