He sells stolen bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dunbar

Über Member
Nothing wrong with driving on the right, I do it all the time..

(DYK that in the early 60's the UK had the chance to change sides but decided not to. Near ferry ports drivers have been crashing into each other ever since. One guy on a scooter got as far as Clacton before his untimely death embedded in the front of a bus.)

No there is nowt wrong driving on the right, or the left, as long as everyone does the same!

yes I do recall the 'call' to swap sides, but I think the experience in Sweden (I think it was Sweden who changed.) was enough for us to let well alone. The day they do swap sides, I scrap my car... Honest.

John :thumbsup:

bobbit

But for some reason you did choose to work in the city with probably the highest crime rate in the UK! If you work in hotels, there's lots of hotel work elsewhere in places with a much lower crime rate. And better riding as well; what about all of Scotland, all of Wales, all of the Yorkshire Dales or North York moors? Fantastic riding, very little traffic and almost no crime.

I hate to say this but I NEVER leave my bike anywhere in public unless it's locked in a car or in my full view all the time. Admittedly it was your only form of transport but maybe you need to go out now and buy a crap bike to ride to work and start saving for a replacement racer, which you can keep chained to the wall in your flat.

Have you looked at this website?: http://bikeshd.co.uk/

Also you might be able to get the Liverpool Echo to run a story on it if you stress the aspect of being an overseas rider, aspiring sportswoman, saved all your life for the bike, etc. etc. Ring the news desk on 0151 472 2453 and speak to a reporter. It worked for that German world cyclist whose bike got stolen in Portsmouth; somebody found it and gave it back.

What do you mean probably the highest crime rate? Have you even checked the figures before making unsubstantiated claims. Liverpool has nowhere near the crime figures of Manchester or even Lancashire for that matter, It doesn't even hit the top cities for crime in University guides. Also making claims that they built the ship canal because Liverpool dock workers(who by the way were mostly immigrants) stole so much, is just beyond laughable. I suggest you read wiki the article you posted. I bet you're someone who buys the Sun and still thinks that what they printed in 1989 was the truth.

geo

But for some reason you did choose to work in the city with probably the highest crime rate in the UK! If you work in hotels, there's lots of hotel work elsewhere in places with a much lower crime rate. And better riding as well; what about all of Scotland, all of Wales, all of the Yorkshire Dales or North York moors? Fantastic riding, very little traffic and almost no crime.

I hate to say this but I NEVER leave my bike anywhere in public unless it's locked in a car or in my full view all the time. Admittedly it was your only form of transport but maybe you need to go out now and buy a crap bike to ride to work and start saving for a replacement racer, which you can keep chained to the wall in your flat.

Have you looked at this website?: http://bikeshd.co.uk/

You really are the most unknowledgable PR**K I have ever come across on this forum. If your going to quote crime statistice about any city, at least make them factual and not some random guess you may think is correct, now go and crawl back under your stone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also you might be able to get the Liverpool Echo to run a story on it if you stress the aspect of being an overseas rider, aspiring sportswoman, saved all your life for the bike, etc. etc. Ring the news desk on 0151 472 2453 and speak to a reporter. It worked for that German world cyclist whose bike got stolen in Portsmouth; somebody found it and gave it back.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Think I touched a raw nerve there! My use of "probably" was in the same sense as "probably the best lager in the world"!

I hope they don't put a fatwa on me. Why has it taken the Liverpool contingent over two years to leap to their city's defence?

Lee_M

Guru
They were locked up and only just got out for good behaviour (ie they didn't nick anything when they were in the inside)

For the benefit of
Lawyers everywhere .. This is a joke and doesn't imply anything about any scousers anywhere ever ... Like

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
You really are the most unknowledgable PR**K I have ever come across on this forum. If your going to quote crime statistice about any city, at least make them factual and not some random guess you may think is correct, now go and crawl back under your stone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wowser!

Dunbar

Über Member
Crime figures are supplied by Police Forces. The reports are usually fudged first. If there is no arrest, crimes are 'demoted' to the next level down, (E.g, Robbery becomes theft from the person). Once the Police have a figure, they divide it by two, or even three, depending on how high the true figure is. In a lot of cases the Police will dissuade you from reporting a crime, preferring the words lost property. Then they merely provide you with a reference number for your insurance company. .If your house is burgled, then no one will attend for a few days, unless the burglary is in progress. That's reasonable, but the time lapse between report and Scenes of Crime attending, means the trail can go cold, and yet another burglary becomes a statistic. Oh! I beg your pardon? The Police don't work like that any more? Hmmm...Things must have changed, so okay; I'll believe you. And if Liverpool doesn't have crime figures as high or higher, than Birmingham, then I will be extremely surprised; to say the least.

bobbit

Think I touched a raw nerve there! My use of "probably" was in the same sense as "probably the best lager in the world"!

I hope they don't put a fatwa on me. Why has it taken the Liverpool contingent over two years to leap to their city's defence?

I have only just happened upon this site while searching for information on auctions, and yes I was annoyed at your off the cuff comment about this city. I have lived here most of my life and can honestly say that I have had never felt threatened or been the victim of crime. I know this city is not perfect, far from it, but to say it is a city full of thieves and using a reference to the building of the ship canal is just wrong.

bobbit

They were locked up and only just got out for good behaviour (ie they didn't nick anything when they were in the inside)

For the benefit of
Lawyers everywhere .. This is a joke and doesn't imply anything about any scousers anywhere ever ... Like

now you see thats funny, albeit stereotypical

Lee_M

Guru
now you see thats funny, albeit stereotypical

good-oh.

Personally I love Liverpool - went to university there, my first wife was a scouser, and I like going back
But you cant let the facts get in the way of a good joke :laugh:

I have only just happened upon this site while searching for information on auctions, and yes I was annoyed at your off the cuff comment about this city. I have lived here most of my life and can honestly say that I have had never felt threatened or been the victim of crime. I know this city is not perfect, far from it, but to say it is a city full of thieves and using a reference to the building of the ship canal is just wrong.
Globalti wrong in, generalised sweeping statement off the top of his head, post: Never! I refuse to believe it.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.

Alright, alright, calm down calm down

(sorry, couldnt resist)

Top Bottom