Head Cam Power.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Good to see dangerous driving being punished.
Did the video evidence make any material difference or did the driver own up?

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Good to see dangerous driving being punished.
Did the video evidence make any material difference or did the driver own up?
He initially pleaded not guilty! So video made a big difference. 5 points and fine were for Due Care and failing to report an accident

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
He initially pleaded not guilty! So video made a big difference. 5 points and fine were for Due Care and failing to report an accident
I have recently noticed that in incidents where video evidence is possible, the police question the guy first. And after he has refused anything to do with it and lied to the police, the coppers then say that it was all caught on camera, which says differently. I bet its really amusing to see the culprits face when this happens. Probably the embarrassment is enough to make the cops happy and thats why they dont charge the guy with deceiving a police officer too.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have recently noticed that in incidents where video evidence is possible, the police question the guy first. And after he has refused anything to do with it and lied to the police, the coppers then say that it was all caught on camera, which says differently. I bet its really amusing to see the culprits face when this happens. Probably the embarrassment is enough to make the cops happy and thats why they dont charge the guy with deceiving a police officer too.
the plead of not guilty is at court, so the driver would be fully aware of the video footage. ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
the plead of not guilty is at court, so the driver would be fully aware of the video footage. ;)
Doesn't prevent the driver from telling the police (s)he'd done nothing.
Plea of "Not Guilty" is used to try and get out of the court as quickly & cheaply as possible. Any video evidence can then be argued about in court.
If they pleaded guilty they'd get out a lot quicker.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Doesn't prevent the driver from telling the police (s)he'd done nothing.
Plea of "Not Guilty" is used to try and get out of the court as quickly & cheaply as possible. Any video evidence can then be argued about in court.
If they pleaded guilty they'd get out a lot quicker.
I never said it didn't, however if you look at the comment that Matthew quoted, my response might make more sense ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
I never said it didn't, however if you look at the comment that Matthew quoted, my response might make more sense ;)
I'd read it. My response was based on an incident where those caught on camera denied being at the scene and therefore were not responsible. Hence their plead of not guilty, in court. Prior to court it was "no comment". And they were aware of the photographic evidence. They'd been assured it would never be admissable in court.

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom