Headset caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
Has anyone tried any of the 'gimmicky' replacement headset caps?

I saw one which was a compass which is an awesome idea, but reviews said it didn't really work or was too unreliable unfortunately. Quite like the idea of a clock there though.

Anyone tried any others, even if it's just something with a graphic design on it?

Sharky

Guru
Once you've adjusted and tightened the stem, the headcap serves no purpose, so if you have something more attractive/useful to swap it with, not a bad idea.

robgul

Legendary Member
I have a vanity headset cap on one of my bikes - blingy red to match the frame colour, with my name on it.

Rob

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I may have one of these fitted to a couple of my bikes...
MHPP7018.png

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
I'm starting to look at stem caps that are £25+ so I think I need to calm down and put things into perspective. The compass and clock don't work and I have no need for a bottle opener, so unless they do one that acts as a marzipan baller I might just get a plain blue cap and be done with it.

Are you not selling these commercially?
I want one in dark green.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/w...ad-hybrid-commuter.240346/page-8#post-5400647
I bought it off Etsy.

freiston

Veteran
Not really a gimmick but my cap is a USB charger powered by my dynamo. I have a brake cable hanger at the bottom of my spacer stack which clamps to the steerer and maintains the load on the headset bearing. My avatar picture was taken before the installation of the charger cap.

Top Bottom