Headsets again...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
theclaud said:
In red, naturally.

I'd have had you down as a limited edition rasta type...

Whilst paint may be the cause of bad alignment in some cases, poor manufacturing tolerances may be the cause in others.
Facing the headtube will do you no harm at all, and as you say if you're going to spend the national deficit on your steering, you're better off safe than sorry.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Landslide said:
I'd have had you down as a limited edition rasta type...

Whilst paint may be the cause of bad alignment in some cases, poor manufacturing tolerances may be the cause in others.
Facing the headtube will do you no harm at all, and as you say if you're going to spend the national deficit on your steering, you're better off safe than sorry.

Ha! Those are pretty cool, but I don't think I could carry it off. It has to be red or silver in this instance. Red would go with the spoke nipples and seatpost clamp... I shall get it faced.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm really enjoying this thread - good solid writing, interesting cast, friendly ... so far. Hoping it's going to run on for a good while yet. Already looking forward to Season 2. tc could end up with the most expensive set of components ever built around a second-hand frame (rivalling even my own follies :sad:)

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
threebikesmcginty said:
I'm really enjoying this thread - good solid writing, interesting cast, friendly ... so far. Hoping it's going to run on for a good while yet. Already looking forward to Season 2. tc could end up with the most expensive set of components ever built around a second-hand frame (rivalling even my own follies :wacko:)

Oh no! Busted! Of course there comes the inevitable moment when contemplating the bike, when you realise that only a frame upgrade will do justice to the other bits, and voila - you've managed to sneak a dream machine into the house whilst seemingly engaged on a spot of frugal and thrifty assemblage. It was a new frame, actually, but it was very cheap... ;)

GilesM

Legendary Member
I'd be surprised if the head tube needs facing, new frames are usually pretty good, having said that, as you are going for a Chris King thing of beauty then it's worth it for a few quid.

Top Bottom