Hearing or looking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I'm not sure questioning a cyclist who is seemingly not particularly observant, whilst he's riding no handed in the gutter (on the approach to a light controlled junction), in the wet, with a pothole to his left, is the wisest course of action!

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
I suspect Mr Cellophane was being tongue-in-cheek, hence the winking sad face. For the hard of thinking, I didn't force the cyclist to do any undertaking. I didn't undertake, after all, and I left enough space that he could have passed to the offside of the left-turning car since my front didn't overlap with his rear. He didn't need to undertake, he didn't need to get a fright if he'd been looking, and he didn't need to ride without hands.

You can see further examples of observation from the both of us as we pass the parked car.

I was a bit as I am sure he would have done that move anyway.

potsy

Rambler
What was his response? Can't make it out on here.
It was probably the shock of seeing you on a proper bike that made him wobble BM:biggrin:

Christ what an idiot....what was he doing?

Looked at it again and heard what you said....I said something to a RLJer this morning...something on the lines....it's red it's red.;)

Get a lot of this with a cyclist in front totallty oblious that anyone is behind them.

on the road

Über Member
While I don't condone jumping red lights, but who are you to pull him up about it, the law? You should have just minded your own business.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
on the road said:
While I don't condone jumping red lights, but who are you to pull him up about it, the law? You should have just minded your own business.

How about his safety and the safety of others, i've spoken to people before and asked them why they jumped the lights? they had nothing credible to say about it.

Sad thing I saw yesterday was a ped check the main aspect of a traffic light just as I was about to cross it...no doubt suspecting I was yet another cyclist jumping a red light at the time.I must admit this really irritated me but it's not unusual to see this.

(It was green)

jimboalee

A memory came back to me during the night.

It was of a siren type device which ran on a bottle dynamo and gave off a 'motorbike' exhaust popping sound with the alternating voltage of the dynamo.

Does anyone else remember this?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
on the road said:

Why not - it's shared space, and his actions on the public highway affect us all. It's all our business.

jimboalee

BentMikey said:
Why not - it's shared space, and his actions on the public highway affect us all. It's all our business.

BentMikey doesn't want to be entangled up in the police equiry of a fatal road accident.

Jezston

Über Member
jimboalee said:
There is a danger in these kind of situations where the startled cyclist could be an ex-squaddie.
He may have taken exception to your pompous outburst and his resulting action could have been swift contact of his fist and your chin.

Are you suggesting that our good hard working servicemen, putting their lives at risk for large congolmerates their country, are all violent thugs that would lash out with fists at anything they don't like?

Top Bottom